Author Topic: Review: NEOMyth Flash Cart PC Programmer / Win7 XP Mode  (Read 2076 times)

Offline ~tak

Review: NEOMyth Flash Cart PC Programmer / Win7 XP Mode
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
HI everyone,

I'd like to share my experience with you regarding Win7 XP Mode (you know, the VirtualPC stuff):

Test System:
Win7 Ultimate / 64bit
VT-x enabled CPU
Windows XP Mode installed

I've installed in the virtualized XP machine (btw: you get the software and the XP for free on Win7 Prof/Ultimate) the NEOMyth Flash Cart PC Programmer (3.02). Within the virtual XP you can pass through the physical USB port (in my case the NEOMyth SFC Cart) to the XP mode machine and the device gets detected within the virtual machine.

after installation you're getting in the Windows7 Start menu the NEO2 Programmer Icon (which reference is the XP machine).

the whole thing is very cool, since you dont have to start the virtual machine every time, it does some magic in the background as soon you pick the NEO2 shortcut on the Win7 machine (which knows nothing about drivers for the slimloader or the PC programmer).

I'm able to format and flash the NEOMyth flash cart attached to my Win7 machine however using it on a native XP machine (virtualized).

Sorry for confusing text but I'm so excited and had the need to share this :-D

cheers,
~tak
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:48:34 PM by ~tak »

Offline sanni

• Neo MOD
Re: Review: NEOMyth Flash Cart PC Programmer / Win7 XP Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 05:19:48 PM »
The newest neo ultra menu *should* also work without virtualisation on Windows 7 64bit, at least mine does.
But good to know to have also an other option.  :)