Author Topic: SNES SDK Win32 binaries  (Read 15064 times)

Offline AndiNo

• NEO newbie
SNES SDK Win32 binaries
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:56:22 AM »
Hi! As I got the SNES SDK to work (for real this time^^) and I have been asked for it I uploaded my compiled Win32 binaries of the SVN revision 67 (the newest). Here's the link:
http://www.nakido.com/F5A782221F500F58AC71E2300120387C034655F0
The upload service claims to never delete any files so I used this. Hope it doesn't give any problems. For those interested I also included some notes on how to compile the SVN code for oneself as it is not so easy to do this under Windows.
Have fun!  ::sm-29.gif::

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: SNES SDK Win32 binaries
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:02:30 AM »
Thanks for your efforts. While I use linux, I did try to compile it under Windows... and failed completely.  ~sm-66.gif~.gif

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »
Thanks for your contribution  ~sm-77.gif~.gif  :D

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
Cool. I might check it out after I get back from my easter holiday.

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »
Thanks Andino, I'm going to give this a try!

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:02:23 PM »
I've taken the liberty to mirror the zip since I hate those download services: http://jiggawatt.org/notmine/SNES_SDK_r67_Win32.zip

I've only modified one line in 816-opt.py to make it work with Python 3.1 because that's the version I've got installed and I didn't feel like downgrading.

Offline AndiNo

• NEO newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 07:21:25 PM »
Thanks! I think it's good to spread the file so more people have access to it (assuming the filehoster deletes the file). Has anyone of you used the SDK and has something to show? I'm curious if somebody managed to build something with it...

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 11:38:37 PM »
Has anyone of you used the SDK and has something to show? I'm curious if somebody managed to build something with it...

As a test I created a version of my image decompressor that is compatible with the C compiler, and wrote a small program that shows a compressed 256-color image in mode 3. Here it is: http://jiggawatt.org/badc0de/snesc-image.zip

Offline AndiNo

• NEO newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »
Nice! I still don't understand much of the Assembly you're doing there, but I hope I'll get there someday :)

Offline YoshiInAVoid

• NEO newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 12:05:58 AM »
Just installed it, and compiled the example; it's much simpler than assembly. Thank you so much! It's quite a hassle to set up compared to copying two files if you just want assembly compiling so I don't think I'll be able to use it with SNES Game Maker but it's still great and I will definatly use it to make my own SNES games. :)

Offline alekmaul

• portabledev.com Webmaster
    • PortableDev
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »
Has anyone of you used the SDK and has something to show? 
Well, i'm beginning something that i hope will do a nice lib ;) http://www.portabledev.com/wiki for the birtday of the Snes ( 20 years old !)

Offline KungFuFurby

• NEO newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
Well, for those that like to program in C and want to make a SNES game, it's a very nice gift.  ~sm-56.gif~.gif

Although I'm on the wrong platform, I do have a compiled version of wla-dx on my computer (which is what this computer uses). If I had more of a temptation, I could make a Mac version... the temptation is not with me at the moment, especially since I end up making PowerPC binaries, and with newer Macs, those are incompatible (they can instead use emulators to use the Win32 binaries).  :-\ I did port SNESMod to the PowerPC Mac (and I ported the SNES source for SNESMod to wla-dx! I did have to ditch the dynamic allocation, but that's actually kind of good news: you can freely select what memory to use now).

Offline alekmaul

• PortableDev
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
New progress with new samples, just check wiki to have last version.
Will now do a new tool like pcx2snes but with palette entry support, bmp support and certainly png support.
Need some advice to add sound, the next very big work on the lib (mode7 will be easy, don't think it will be a problem) ...

Offline KungFuFurby

• NEO newbie
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »
For sound, mukunda's SNESMod is the one that I recommend. It converts Impulse Tracker files to real SNES music, supports up to 15 sound effect samples (playing at pitches in multiples of 4000 hz up to 60,000 hz, along with panning), and provided that you allocate a region large enough to fit the entire sample at once (don't worry, you don't need more than one of these to fit in a region, just the one you want to use...), streaming sounds.

The source is made for cc65, which is another 65816 compiler. However, I have converted it over for WLA DX if you want it... though you'll have to manually adjust memory allocations, since WLA DX doesn't support it... though I was able to get away with ENUMs (arrays starting at a defined location) and DSs (define size).  :-\ Plus, the .inc file isn't required to my knowledge.

Either that, or you can create your own sound driver. SNESMod's code uses TASM to compile. I could create some music for you, actually, through SNESMod.  ::sm-29.gif::

Offline alekmaul

• PortableDev
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »
OK, will try to integrate it in PVSneslib  ~sm-58.gif~.gif.
Will post progress after updating all examples (changed some tools for graphic conversion, need to add mode7 support)  ::sm-21.gif::.