Author Topic: SNES Myth menu releases  (Read 125122 times)

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Re: SNES Myth menu releases
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2012, 06:02:52 PM »
There seems to be a problem with dumping ROMs larger than 8 Mbit. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the Myth register settings, and the fact that there's no documentation for them is not really helping

Actually, this might not be a general problem at all. The cart I tested this with was MMX2, and today I saw the following in a post over at another forum:

7F48h        ?/W  Unknown "toggle" (set to 00h/01h, maybe cache load/on/off?)

This register is "secondary ROM enable". At power-on, it's set to #$00.
For MMX2, there is an 8mbit+4mbit ROM. So at power-on, the last 4mbit returns open bus.
Set it to #$01, and now you can read out the last 4mbit.
It appears to be a very crude anti-dumping trick.

So the issue I saw with mirrored data could be an MMX2-specific thing.

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2013, 03:29:08 PM »
I've released version 0.60 of the SNES menu.

Changes from 0.59 to 0.60:
* If an SD card is present it will automatically be mounted when the menu starts (no need to press the R button).
* Optimized SD card reading performance. Instead of issuing one read command per cluster (typically 8-32 sectors) the menu now reads as many sectors as it can (up to 256) per read command, which leads to much less overhead. My own tests show a speed increase of about 20% when loading games from SD.
* Quick launch mode for the most recently played game. Press the Start button to re-launch the same game (only in SD mode).

Changes from 0.57 to 0.59 (since it wan't mentioned in this thread):
* Made SlowROM timing the default when acessing the SD card interface, since FastROM access timing was causing problems with NTSC consoles.
* Added support for DSP-1 games when loading from SD (requires a DSP-1 boot cart plugged into the SNES Myth).

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »
Nice to see that your menu is still being optimized!  ~sm-36.gif~
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames