Author Topic: SNES Myth menu releases  (Read 129348 times)

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
Re: SNES Myth menu releases
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2010, 02:56:48 AM »
hi spinal,
Sektor is right, try to burn with Neo 2 Pro Manager...  ~sm-51.gif~.gif
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2010, 03:04:49 AM »
Yes, it starts the countdown with "Loading......(16)"!

I just checked Street Fighter II Turbo. The ROM is actually 2.5 MB (20 Mbit). That's not a size my SD loader currently recognizes, so it defaults to 16 for the countdown meter. It actually loads the entire file though, so I'm guessing the on-screen counter wraps around near the end of the loading process?

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2010, 04:22:33 AM »
The fact is that Street Fighter II Turbo doesn´t use sram but freezes at the start up screen. Just try it yourself...
8bit & 16bit

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2010, 04:58:39 AM »
Solved it. I made a special case for 20 Mbit ROMs so that they are converted to 32 Mbit during loading by mirroring the last 4 Mbit three times. Street Fighter II Turbo seems to work fine now. Though I'll have to fix the fix before it gets released because I did it in an easy but rather stupid way (by actually re-reading data from the SD card, instead of copying the blocks of PSRAM that have already been read).

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2010, 05:37:48 AM »
Thank you so much!  ~sm-43.gif~
8bit & 16bit

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2010, 05:42:58 AM »
I burnt neosnes.bin using Neo 2 Pro Manager. The old Ultra menu might have burnt the menu incorrectly or because its twice as large as the previous menus, it might have been placed on a bad sector. There was a small loader to work around that for the Genesis menu but not one for SNES yet as far as I know.

Hi folks, I had to do the same thing, I've just try ActRaiser 1 y 2 and both works fine, I update the firmware too, and new reset modes works nice, now here are 2 questions:
-In future, could we have the full rom names?
-And could we have navigation thought SD? Cause I try to sort my roms with a directory per letter but it doesn't open any folder
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:02:02 AM by Aleomark »

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2010, 05:48:18 AM »
OK, i got it working :)

Am I the only one getting messed up BG graphics in the menu? its usually fine after resetting (holding reset button) from a game, but when  I do a full power cycle the gfx are messed up.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2010, 06:17:09 AM »
-In future, could we have the full rom names?
-And could we have navigation thought SD? Cause I try to sort my roms with a directory per letter but it doesn't open any folder

Yes, those are both on the to-do list. The navigation will probably be first, then long filenames afterwards.

Am I the only one getting messed up BG graphics in the menu?

Yes.  ~sm-79.gif~.gif

its usually fine after resetting (holding reset button) from a game, but when  I do a full power cycle the gfx are messed up.

It's fine on my real SNES, but when I use my portable (FC-16 GO) I need to reset after a power cycle to get the menu. It's not messed up graphics, though, it hangs with a blank screen.

Offline King Of Chaos

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »
enhancement chips aren't supported yet.

Is it even remotely possible to support these? I have my doubts, honestly. Not to mention that there's problems getting the DSP-1 support in the SNES Myth to work correctly depending what game you're using and what DSP-1 chip (DSP-1, DSP-1A and DSP-1B) it has. From my observation it looks like you'll need a DSP-1B chipped cart (Ballz and some Super Mario Kart versions) for it to work correctly with the SNES Myth. However the DSP-1 support in the SNES Myth doesn't seem to work when using my DSP-1 version of Pilotwings. So that seems to point out you'll need a specific cart with a specific DSP-1 chip e.g. a DSP-1B chipped Super Mario Kart.

Quick note, the DSP-1B and DSP-3 was successfully decapped and program ROMs dumped within the last few days. The DSP-2 and DSP-4 should be successfully dumped too soon. :D

EDIT: The DSP-2 and DSP-4 have been successfully decapped and program ROMs dumped.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:09:24 AM by King Of Chaos »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »
Ok, v0.51 is available: http://code.google.com/p/neo-myth-menu/downloads/list

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-lHYdZqr64

New in this version is mirroring of 20 Mbit ROMs (primarily Street Fighter II Turbo since that's the only one I know of so far). The mirroring is pretty slow right now. I can probably speed it up a bit, but that'll have to wait until after christmas.
Another new feature is built-in compression of VGM files, so the size limit on VGMs has been raised from 56.5 kB to close to 90 kB (depends a bit on the song). It also possible to enable the DSP echo effect while playing VGMs.

Offline King Of Chaos

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2010, 07:53:03 AM »
Awesome work, Mic! Love the menu! :)

P.S. The DSP-1, DSP-1B, DSP-2, DSP-3 and DSP-4 chips were successfully decapped and the program ROMs for each dumped. The DSP-1A chip should be dumped shortly, so all the DSP chips will be dumped and accounted for.

I'm wondering, if any of you guys had any of these program ROMs, could anything interesting come from them?

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2010, 03:11:19 PM »
@ King Of Chaos:

Does that mean you still need a DSP-1B chipped cart at the backside to run all DSP games?
Or will all DSP games work without a proper cart (like Mario Kart) plugged in? ~sm-64.gif~.gif
8bit & 16bit

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2010, 11:10:09 AM »
mic_ is the great X'mas gift for us!  ~sm-76.gif~.gif ~sm-76.gif~.gif ~sm-76.gif~.gif
thanks so much  :-*
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »
Many thanks from me, too!  ~sm-55.gif~.gif
Especially for Street Fighter II Turbo support...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:21:31 PM by stefan_iro »
8bit & 16bit

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2010, 11:37:24 PM »
So is there any way to write this menu to the neo3 tf? as it almost fits perfectly in the snes myth :P