Author Topic: NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2010 for all retro platform final announcement  (Read 26133 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2010 for all retro platform announcement
*** close time: Aug.20th 2010 ***

* Homebrew Game division
There are 10 winners for all platform

* Homebrew APP division

Note: The platform just specify to the retro console, something like NES/PC-E/MD/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS/PSP/PS/PS2/iphone ...... without any limit (but not included PC/MAC compute)

The rules of NEO Summer retro coding contest 2010:

[1] All original entries will get +5 "original score " , but the second entry (same project from last contest but improved, and just enter one more time again ) will don't get any "original score" in this contest.

[2] With this contest we will keep to use the new judge way still --- everyone can become the judger! You just need test all contest entering and submit your very detailed test report to us , and you must give out your own top 10 winner judgment, from here you can find the good "TOP REVIEWER" sample --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/board,108.0.html

We will keep the award --- "NEO TOP REVIEWER" , we will check all review reports and choose the top one reviewer from each division and give out the prize.

[3] The No.1 winner from last Neo contest can't use their same project (even it has updated a lot) to enter this contest again.

[4] You can submit more than one project for any platform at the same time, without any limit.

[5] You must put the NEO Retro Compo badge and NEO website link  to your program when it start to run.

[6] If your production have enter other contest before, you can enter this NEO contest still.

[7] You don't need public your source code, but if you can PM to us for refer is welcome.

Here is teh badge for this compo, every coder can modify the badge size and background color to match with your project color, just please keep our design style, don't modify it too much :)
And one more time to mention, every coder need keep the NEO website URL link in the badge screen.

the original coreldraw v10 design file download: http://www.neoflash.com/compos/neo_coding_2010_badge_original_file.rar

The top 10 prize list for the winners:

The No.1  : US$500 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$800 total value.

The No.2  : US$300 cash , OR choose any items from the  www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$500 total value.

The No.3  : US$200 cash , OR choose any items from the  www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$300 total value.

The No.4~10  : Can choose any items from the  www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$150 total value, or choose US$100 cash.

The 2 NEO Top Review winners (each division will have one TOP winner) can choose anyone item from the  www.ic2005.com NEO online shop (just not over U$100 total value), or choose US$100 cash.

See you soon! 

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:39:12 PM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
 ~sm-66.gif~.gif
That's cool  8)

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
awesome news, just made a network post on my sites :)

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline leinad

yay! 3months left to get my project done x)

Just one question:
Note: The platform just specify to the retro console, something like NES/PC-E/MD/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS/PSP/PS/PS2/iphone ...... without any limit (but not included PC/MAC compute)

NDS-Projects are still allowed ? Im just confused, "retro" and "NDS/PSP/iPhone" somewhat dont fit into one sentence yet
-n00bey

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
yay! 3months left to get my project done x)

Just one question:
NDS-Projects are still allowed ? Im just confused, "retro" and "NDS/PSP/iPhone" somewhat dont fit into one sentence yet

I think the contest is just retro powered and limited to gaming consoles, so.. NDS Games/Apps are allowed  :)

About IPhone , i find it weird to be allowed. ??? Its a gadget , not a gaming console   ::sm-07.gif::

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
i think the iphone is "almost" a nice game console already, just miss one joypad?  ~sm-65.gif~.gif
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
i think the iphone is "almost" a nice game console already, just miss one joypad?  ~sm-65.gif~.gif

THIS! I would never call anything a game system that use a touch screen and tilt sensors. No dpad + no buttons = not a game system.

Offline mfcas

• NEO newbie
I've got one questions, are places 1-10 reserved for each category (psp/nds/gba/nes/snes and so on), so for example there can be two 1st places (1st place nds game and another game can get 1st place psp game) or is it all in one category? If yes, then do games on older systems some additional points, because obviously it's harder to make fun game on these?  ~sm-32.gif~
OFFTOP:
And to the author of the post above mine!
Madness  >:(
Touchscreen is nothing else than buttons on the screen! (+ the screen itself of course) ~sm-65.gif~.gif
D-pad is nothing more than a few buttons too, and they can be represented on touch screen too.  ^-^
Gaming device is, as the name suggests, a device that can play games, and iPhone certainly can do that.  ::sm-09.gif::
You can't decide "what is what" basing on your opinion, you just simply don't like touch screens.  ::sm-13.gif::
As far as I know, iPhone can be connect to the bluetooth keyboard, this way you can have plenty of buttons, but it's not like many games are supporting that (this is also my assumption, I don't have iPhone)  ::sm-11.gif::

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:31:23 PM by mfcas »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
I've got one questions, are places 1-10 reserved for each category (psp/nds/gba/nes/snes and so on), so for example there can be two 1st places (1st place nds game and another game can get 1st place psp game) or is it all in one category?

There are 2 divisions in total: Game & App , which means , 20 winners in total , and 6 out of 20 are the top winners of both
game and app divisions.

* Homebrew Game division

* Homebrew APP division

::sm-12.gif:: ::sm-12.gif::

If yes, then do games on older systems some additional points, because obviously it's harder to make fun game on these?

No idea.  ~sm-36.gif~

Offline mfcas

• NEO newbie
Well, if you're not going to make some regulations then the most obvious choice will be iPhone - there's so many tools for it and development is nearly as easy as for PC.   ~sm-59.gif~.gif
It's easy to predict most games and apps will come for iPhone, and I also think that variety is always fun.  ::sm-09.gif::
I also think that, this "variety" makes NSCC one of a kind.  ~sm-32.gif~
Of course it's just a prediction and it may be way off, but helping this wouldn't be bad indeed.  ~sm-47.gif~.gif
Thanks for listening to my whining.   :-\

Have a good day!   ~sm-74.gif~.gif

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
It's easy to predict most games and apps will come for iPhone, and I also think that variety is always fun. 
~sm-93.gif~.gif
 ~sm-93.gif~.gif
Neoflash contests are popular for hosting the best nds/gba & psp homebrew projects ,so probably most of the entries will be for psp/nds & gba  :)
...But its a great chance to see some cool homebrew game&apps on the retro consoles.  ::sm-23.gif:: Developers should grab this chance and work on something different..because we need retro contests .
:D

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
If ChillyWilly releases a Menu for N64 Myth, he is my favourite in N64 homebrew APP division  ~sm-69.gif~.gif
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline davidgf

Hi all!

Could you release a SVG version of the neoflash logo, cause I don't have neither Corel Draw nor Windows.
Or maybe just a big background transparent PNG file could do.

Thank you!

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Hi all!

Could you release a SVG version of the neoflash logo, cause I don't have neither Corel Draw nor Windows.
Or maybe just a big background transparent PNG file could do.

Thank you!

~sm-72.gif~.gif
Right click on the logo image , save it , then resize/modify it however you like   O0O
 ~sm-92.gif~.gif As long as you don't remove the neoflash url & logo Dr.Neo should be happy  :)   ~sm-92.gif~.gif
 ~sm-87.gif~.gif

Offline rubenelportero

• NEO newbie
hello!, it´s my 1st comentary in neoflash, and I think present a game in the contest but...  where I post it?, sorry for my bad english, I´m spanish...
Bye