Author Topic: Neo2_Pro_Manager_1.00_Beta4 for N64 menu test [June.14.2010]  (Read 8295 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator

Neo2_Pro_Manager_1.00_Beta4 for N64 menu test [June.14.2010]

* support gba function again (BOMA, LZO, and  patch will support soon);
* fix dll's version bug;
* n64, pc-e need more test still;

download: http://www.neoflash.com/download/Neo2ProManager1_00Beta4Setup_rar.zip
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: Neo2_Pro_Manager_1.00_Beta4 for N64 menu test [June.14.2010]
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:10:31 AM »
Doesn't run - says Neo2Usb2.dll isn't registered. When I run the register batch file by hand, it says it can't register Neo2Usb2.dll because "a module" is missing. Neo2 Ultra Menu was removed before this, and I made sure the USB driver was updated to the driver included beforehand.

Offline SivenYu

• Neo MOD
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
oh, must be missing atl module, Please try this dll.  about dll register, if in xp, just run the register.bat; if in vista or win 7, step as:

1. Click the Start Button, then in the "Start Search" box type CMD but DO NOT press Enter yet.
2. In the list above, under "Programs" right-click on CMD that appears above and choose "Run as Administrator" and click Continue".
3. In the black command line window, use the command “REGSVR32” to register the file again.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:10:24 AM »
i use win7 32bit, don't need this dll  ~sm-65.gif~.gif
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline SivenYu

• Neo MOD
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:31:02 AM »
in beta4 Neo2Usb2.dll will take the place of Neo2Usb.dll, now, ChillyWilly you can use both Pro manager and V3.04 Neo2Client,  they will not conflict again.

Generally speaking, the setup packet will register dll itself, but if developer want to change to another dll, one can register as earlier post .

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
oh, must be missing atl module, Please try this dll.  about dll register, if in xp, just run the register.bat;

Still fails. It would be helpful if it at least mentioned what was missing.  ???

If it helps, I'm using XP Pro SP2 (32 bit).

Offline SivenYu

• Neo MOD
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
Try again please! ::sm-01::

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 12:52:13 PM »
Neo2_Pro_Manager_1.00_Beta4 for N64 menu test [June.14.2010]

* support gba function again

GBA a support is great!
It´s just a must have when using GBA flash carts for memory storage  ~sm-93.gif~.gif

I´ll give it a try this evening!
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 12:58:20 PM »
Try again please! ::sm-01::

That one succeeded! But now when I start the app, I get a dialog saying "Class not registered", the main window opens, and the app crashes (with or without the Myth plugged in).

Offline SivenYu

• Neo MOD
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »
But now when I start the app, I get a dialog saying "Class not registered", the main window opens, and the app crashes (with or without the Myth plugged in).

ok, ChillyWilly, that's because xml pauser not stall, you can install it like this:
browse to the setup folder , as "C:\Program Files\NEO2\Manager\Language", run the msxml.exe then restart the pro manager will ok.

::sm-07.gif::i also puzzled why the setup can't launch this exe aotuly.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 01:13:39 AM »
ok, ChillyWilly, that's because xml pauser not stall, you can install it like this:
browse to the setup folder , as "C:\Program Files\NEO2\Manager\Language", run the msxml.exe then restart the pro manager will ok.

::sm-07.gif::i also puzzled why the setup can't launch this exe aotuly.

Okay, manually installing that fixed that problem. Now the program launches and runs without crashing. However, now it says "No Slimloader USB found" when I plug in the Myth. I had no problem with the old Myth USB driver, but now for some reason, the new driver doesn't seem to work. It says it's fine in the device manager, but when a cart is plugged in, it doesn't show in the Safe USB Unplug widget in the notify tray, and the Neo client doesn't see it either.

EDIT: I reinstalled Neo2 Ultra Menu 3.04, and it ran it's driver setup automatically. It asked me to choose between two drivers, an oem4 and an oem5 - I picked the oem4 driver and things are now working. The driver installation didn't come up automatically with the Neo2 Manager - I had to install it by hand, which clearly didn't work. Something is very wrong with the installer for the new client. NOTHING got done other than installing the client (to the program files directory).

By the way, are there changes in the USB driver? Is using the old one an issue?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:17:22 AM by ChillyWilly »

Offline SivenYu

• Neo MOD
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 09:39:02 AM »
The pro manager use the same driver with neo2client's,  There's two part of driver files located in "C:\Program Files\NEO2\Driver" folder:   
     we name the fisrt part is "old driver", include "SlimLoader III" and "SlimLoader IV", we only recommend user setup old driver in win2k and before;
     Another part is "new driver", which in "XporLater" folder, and this only can setup at XP or after.  inside the "XporLater" folder, there are
     "x86"   -> 32bit CPU and OS system,
     "amd64" -> also "x86_64",  for general Intel, AMD 64bit CPU and 64bit OS system
     "ia64"      -> specialy for Intel Itanium architecture CPU, we may ignore it for it  usually for server market,

when first setup finish, DPInst.exe will be called to judge which the target system and setup a corresponding driver autoly. maybe some cace it will fault, so user should setup driver manauly. just go to one of these three folder to run the DPInst.exe and follow the on-screen prompt to do. note that if "x86", DPInst.exe also the one in "XporLater" folder.

Developer also can setup new driver or change driver in device manager, right click a device then "Update device driver", then browse to th target driver files.

when the  "new driver" setuped, inside the device manager, wen can see a "NEO Class" note like this :
   |- NEO Class
        |- USB SlimLoader IV

while "old driver" do not show this, but it can see in general USB Host Controller.

so, ChillyWilly, can you see this "NEO Class" in your device manager?  The current Pro Manager show the flash card message including rom size, menu size, sram size, psram size in the status bar only if it detect the card correctly, if all of these size show zero, mean it do not detect card, you should re-plug card then try,  Note: pro manager ot the neo2client can only detect usb changed, if you change myth card, you should click the "refresh" button or replug the usb.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
The pro manager use the same driver with neo2client's,  There's two part of driver files located in "C:\Program Files\NEO2\Driver" folder:   
     we name the fisrt part is "old driver", include "SlimLoader III" and "SlimLoader IV", we only recommend user setup old driver in win2k and before;
     Another part is "new driver", which in "XporLater" folder, and this only can setup at XP or after.  inside the "XporLater" folder, there are
     "x86"   -> 32bit CPU and OS system,
     "amd64" -> also "x86_64",  for general Intel, AMD 64bit CPU and 64bit OS system
     "ia64"      -> specialy for Intel Itanium architecture CPU, we may ignore it for it  usually for server market,

That was probably the issue then - I used the SlimLoader IV driver from the old driver folder. You should have named the other folder XPorLater, or better, XP_or_Later. That would have stood out more as the drivers for XP or later.  ~sm-79.gif~.gif

when first setup finish, DPInst.exe will be called to judge which the target system and setup a corresponding driver autoly. maybe some cace it will fault, so user should setup driver manauly. just go to one of these three folder to run the DPInst.exe and follow the on-screen prompt to do. note that if "x86", DPInst.exe also the one in "XporLater" folder.

Developer also can setup new driver or change driver in device manager, right click a device then "Update device driver", then browse to th target driver files.

when the  "new driver" setuped, inside the device manager, wen can see a "NEO Class" note like this :
   |- NEO Class
        |- USB SlimLoader IV

while "old driver" do not show this, but it can see in general USB Host Controller.

so, ChillyWilly, can you see this "NEO Class" in your device manager?

I can NOW since I ran the older device installer. I should reinstall the new device driver and see how it works.

EDIT: Running DPInst says it won't update the drivers as what it would install is not any better than it already found in the system. I uninstalled the driver in the hardware manager and plugged the myth in - I selected oem5.inf this time and the Myth quit working. Uninstalled the driver in the hardware manager and plugged the myth in again and selected oem4.inf and the myth starts working again. No idea what the difference is between those since the driver manager says they are both for the SlimLoader IV.

EDIT 2: Well, it's a step forward AND a step backward. The first version formatted my Neo2-Pro almost perfectly, but only the first time. You had to unplug the USB, then plug it back in to format or write a game. The new client is much like the old Neo2 Ultra Menu - it fails horribly at formatting and writing, randomly saying half the flash is bad, but it at least doesn't fail completely on the second time. Personally, I like the near perfect first time/fails second time over randomly bad all the time.  :'(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:43:23 PM by ChillyWilly »

Offline SivenYu

• Neo MOD
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
EDIT: Running DPInst says it won't update the drivers as what it would install is not any better than it already found in the system. I uninstalled the driver in the hardware manager and plugged the myth in - I selected oem5.inf this time and the Myth quit working. Uninstalled the driver in the hardware manager and plugged the myth in again and selected oem4.inf and the myth starts working again. No idea what the difference is between those since the driver manager says they are both for the SlimLoader IV.
INF files are used for installing device drivers for hardware, When setup a driver Windows will backup the installed inf files and name as oemXX.inf, so we can not judge which is the correct inf by this file name "oemXX" if we don't look at its content. maybe your oem4.inf and oem5.inf are same copy of one inf. So, we recommend the user to browse and select a exact inf for driver update and changing. and make sure that has showed "Neo Class" in device manager for new driver.

Offline SivenYu

• Neo MOD
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »
EDIT 2: Well, it's a step forward AND a step backward. The first version formatted my Neo2-Pro almost perfectly, but only the first time. You had to unplug the USB, then plug it back in to format or write a game. The new client is much like the old Neo2 Ultra Menu - it fails horribly at formatting and writing, randomly saying half the flash is bad, but it at least doesn't fail completely on the second time. Personally, I like the near perfect first time/fails second time over randomly bad all the time.  :'(
Please be more patient, we are improving. if you are dong n64 test, you may try to format in fats mode, and use little game for burning.