Author Topic: N64 myth cart + 1024M Neo2 Pro SD flash cart ,same price but more valuable!  (Read 33438 times)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: N64 myth cart + 1024M Neo2 Pro SD flash cart ,same price but more valuable!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »
By the way, could you be more details about the steps I should take to prepare Neo 3 SD for my Neo Myth MD. (Too bad they did not bundle this Neo 3 SD with Myth MD in the past).

Same as usual if you use the ROM version of the DX menu. If you plan to use ChillyWilly's tiny loader(just 13KB binary padded to 64KB !) + RAM menu from SD , you simply burn the tiny loader as you would do with the rom version , and the last step would be to copy over to your SDC the MDEBIOS.bin.

Personally,i always prefer the 2nd method as its the fastest way to test new code and its healthy for the MENU FLASH since there's always the chance of getting bad blocks. (Not to mention that you have to do this just one time.Installing new versions of the menu is as simple as replacing the RAM menu on the SDC)

Note:You have to replace manually the BIOS file with the one found in the latest release packages.The preinstalled BIOS can be found in /drive/neo2-programmer's-install-path/... .

Offline hartono

• NEO newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
Same as usual if you use the ROM version of the DX menu. If you plan to use ChillyWilly's tiny loader(just 13KB binary padded to 64KB !) + RAM menu from SD , you simply burn the tiny loader as you would do with the rom version , and the last step would be to copy over to your SDC the MDEBIOS.bin.

Personally,i always prefer the 2nd method as its the fastest way to test new code and its healthy for the MENU FLASH since there's always the chance of getting bad blocks. (Not to mention that you have to do this just one time.Installing new versions of the menu is as simple as replacing the RAM menu on the SDC)

Note:You have to replace manually the BIOS file with the one found in the latest release packages.The preinstalled BIOS can be found in /drive/neo2-programmer's-install-path/... .

Thanks so much conle.  I believe I still could use Neo 2 Ultra Menu V 2.95 to burn new menu as long as I replace MDBIOS.BIN in Neo Ultra Menu folder with the updated one, isn't it.

I know installing new version of menu is a simple task, however as I mention in my earlier post,  I plan to uninstall the Neo 2 Ultra Menu V 2.95 program from my PC, and try to install PC-E Writing program which do not support other Neo Myth Cart.  Personally I do not have confident with Neo 2 Pro Manager for PC-E, because it has been developed for many cart, trying to achieve many thing.  I like the simple one.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 01:47:19 AM »
Thanks so much conle.  I believe I still could use Neo 2 Ultra Menu V 2.95 to burn new menu as long as I replace MDBIOS.BIN in Neo Ultra Menu folder with the updated one, isn't it.

I know installing new version of menu is a simple task, however as I mention in my earlier post,  I plan to uninstall the Neo 2 Ultra Menu V 2.95 program from my PC, and try to install PC-E Writing program which do not support other Neo Myth Cart.  Personally I do not have confident with Neo 2 Pro Manager for PC-E, because it has been developed for many cart, trying to achieve many thing.  I like the simple one.

First of all , you definitely want to install the latest neo2 programmer , since in that old version the N64 compatibility is only 80% , while the SNES is even lower.
There are also other issues in that old version when using the new plugins caused by the programmer not freeing rellocated blocks.

The new client while improved has some known usb driver bugs , but those are most noticable when burning large roms(In n64 mode) , and from what i know PCE mode works fine as long as you set the region settings properly(It is also recommended to use the rom optimization tools available in PCE boards and patch each rom).

Now , if for some reason you prefer keeping the old client installed aswell, i would recommend installing a virtual machine like virtual box.Then , install a basic windows xp version(with most critical updates) as a guest OS, and then install the old programmer on top of it.Finally install the new programmer on the host OS and you're all set.

Offline hartono

• NEO newbie
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 06:39:52 AM »
First of all , you definitely want to install the latest neo2 programmer , since in that old version the N64 compatibility is only 80% , while the SNES is even lower.
There are also other issues in that old version when using the new plugins caused by the programmer not freeing rellocated blocks.

The new client while improved has some known usb driver bugs , but those are most noticable when burning large roms(In n64 mode) , and from what i know PCE mode works fine as long as you set the region settings properly(It is also recommended to use the rom optimization tools available in PCE boards and patch each rom).

Now , if for some reason you prefer keeping the old client installed aswell, i would recommend installing a virtual machine like virtual box.Then , install a basic windows xp version(with most critical updates) as a guest OS, and then install the old programmer on top of it.Finally install the new programmer on the host OS and you're all set.

Wow thank you conle.  Now I am convinced to use latest neo2 programmer.

Offline pinpin06

Hi guys, I get lost with all of this. I bought a N64 myth card with a 512Mb neo myth card a while ago. Now I see this neo 2 pro card that seem to have SD card slot and then games could be copied directly to  the SD card, is it correct ? 2nd question, there is a switch currently on my N64 myth card to choose between 2 games only today, will the neo 2 pro card permit to launch more than the 2 games actually ? I mean, having an interface were I can choose any game I want instead of having to switch manually between 2 games or will I still be limited with 2 games for the N64 even with the neo2 pro card

Same for the Megadrive card, I bought it also with a 256 Mb card. can I put something like 50 games on the SD in the neo2 pro for example and be able to choose those games in the menu without roms number limitation ?

To summarize, for both card (MD and N64), is there a limit in the number of  roms we can launch from the menu if using the Neo2 Pro card (with SD access), unless SD size limitation of course

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
Both menus allow you to select hundreds of files per folder. No need to use the physical switch.

Most games run fine from SD but these games are too large to run from SD (Myth/Neo2 Pro doesn't have enough RAM):

Conker's Bad Fur Day(512Mbit)
Ogre Battle(320Mbit)
Paper Mario/Mario Story(J)(320Mbit)
Pokemon Stadium 2(512Mbit)
Resident Evil 2/Bio Hazard 2(J)(512Mbit)

It can run them from flash but you have to use PC software to write to the flash and it's very slow/unreliable.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:19:56 AM by Sektor »