Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions & Video Tutorials  (Read 38958 times)

Offline sanni

Re: Frequently Asked Questions & Video Tutorials *UPDATE*
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »
Uploaded an updated version of the ubuntu vm that compiles the 2.2 menu and also added a few more questions to the FAQ.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions & Video Tutorials
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 04:05:08 AM »
That is the best manual/FAQ possible. Great work!  ;D

We need something similar for all the Myth carts.

Offline sepi

• NEO newbie
Re: Video Tutorials and FAQs *UPDATE*
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »
No , you can't just do that.Unless the source of the client was available , plus the actual firmware binary in decrypted form.
So , you'll pretty much have to trace the protocol and fetch off the decrypted fw binary .............And you're going to need a neo programmer to do that anyway ~sm-80.gif~.gif

that sucks :( i wish neoflash would have made firmware updating easier, and cheaper too. Too bad that the v2.00 was kinda unfinished product.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 02:45:17 AM »
The Nero programmer is actually pretty cheap compared to some CPLD updaters, and is pretty easy to use (comparatively speaking) as well. For example, the Everdrive requires a ByteBlaster cable, which is generally much more expensive unless you get a clone cable off ebay; then it uses a header instead of the ribbon cable, but the header is missing on the Everdrive, so you have to stick the header in the end of the ByteBlaster cable and hold it against the holes in the Everdrive PCB just right to program the board... then you swear at it for an hour for not working until you realize the board ALSO needs to be plugged into a turned on MD to provide the power. None of that is needed to update the NeoMyth CPLD... just plug the ribbon between the Nero programmer and the board, plug the Nero into the USB, and run the app.
 8)

Offline sepi

• NEO newbie
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 02:32:40 AM »
cheap or not i think all these additional programmers are somewhat obnoxius...
As for manuals, mythcart lacks them almost completely! well, surely you can some help from here, but i really hoped that the developers had made a written manual for operating mythcart. Game regions, bootcarts and gamesaves! so much stuff to learn!

Well, enough with this negative rant! i'm fine with my mythcart as it is, i don't really need to update it anyway.
At least we have a n64 flashcart available, better than nothing i suppose.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 07:47:42 AM »
At least they can be updated. Just imagine a flash cart that couldn't be updated.   :'(

As for manuals, remember that this is a Chinese product... I would hate to see the manual as written by the manufacturer.  ???   ~sm-79.gif~.gif

That's why the forum is nice - we have threads on using the various carts (videos in some cases), and anything that doesn't seem to be answered can be asked. It's the community of folks here that have the Myth products that really makes them stand out.

Offline Evotistical

• NEO newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »
So if I solder on the 6105 CIC chip, I will not need to plug in any carts in the back? Even 6105 CIC type carts?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 03:37:37 PM »
So if I solder on the 6105 CIC chip, I will not need to plug in any carts in the back? Even 6105 CIC type carts?

That is correct.

Offline dvd2vcd

• retro gaming enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 04:48:00 AM »
Will the Neo N64 Myth cart ship with the newest firmware (V3) preinstalled?
Yes, all will come with the V3 firmware preinstalled.

i got mine the other day but it did not come with V3 it came with V0 am i entitled to a free upgrade? mario kart 64 keeps crashing when trying to save, im very dissapointed with the cart if im totally honest...
please make a atari jaguar flash cart!!!!!!!

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »
just a bump on my previous msg..im on V0 firmware and mario kart 64 crashes while accessing save..what rom settings do i need to fix this? and NO i dont want to spend another $49 for ndp

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 01:18:33 AM »
just a bump on my previous msg..im on V0 firmware and mario kart 64 crashes while accessing save..what rom settings do i need to fix this? and NO i dont want to spend another $49 for ndp

There is nothing you can do.EEPROM emulation is completely broken in early core firmware versions.Just wait until you get a reply from ic2005 support team ...

Btw , Its little things like these that make users angry , which is a shame because the cart is really great once you set it up(the compatibility goes up to 100% if you plug in a cart with 6105 cic on the back , and you can do things that are impossible on other carts).Hopefully they will sort issues like these soon.

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 06:38:25 AM »
i have tried different combos in booting mk64 iv tried all save types (flash,eep,sram) and it still fails, i installed a menu (NEON64MF.v64) it worked ONCE then froze on save game and now it freezes on the white neo team splash screen so now i cant even browse roms anymore!, iv formated the cart (standard) and reinstalled the menu but it still freezes on splash screen, i did a sram battery test and it failed! im not happy with the cart at all, im giving up on neo myth and im looking towards everdrive 64..sorry but the neo myth n64 cart is not as good as it sounds..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:41:00 AM by dvd2vcd »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »
i have tried different combos in booting mk64 iv tried all save types (flash,eep,sram) and it still fails, i installed a menu (NEON64MF.v64) it worked ONCE then froze on save game and now it freezes on the white neo team splash screen so now i cant even browse roms anymore!, iv formated the cart (standard) and reinstalled the menu but it still freezes on splash screen, i did a sram battery test and it failed! im not happy with the cart at all, im giving up on neo myth and im looking towards everdrive 64..sorry but the neo myth n64 cart is not as good as it sounds..

Wait .. This sounds like a  defective board. Also , incompatible games shouldn't crash on v0 core...
Make a thread about it on ic2005 private forum and ask them to replace the cart , and also make sure to state that the cart had v0 FW which has many bugs when handling eeprom games.

edit : You can also pm Dr.Neo about it. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:55:14 AM by Conle »

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »
am i using the correct menu? there is 3 different types (neon64MF,neon64SD,neon64) i didnt install the SD version because i only have neo2 256mb cart, also a step by step guide would be handy at this point in time because im really lost, what does the psram detect feature do? can some one give me a guide to try and sort my cart out? atleast then i can be certain that its a faulty cart..

Offline sanni

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
Your first priority is to get to the V3 core by buying the Neo Dual Programmer and updating the firmware. I'm not sure if the latest menu was even tested on the V0 core. 
If you are from Germany you can also send me the cart and I will update it for you at no cost. ~sm-36.gif~

As for a step-by-step guide to install the menu please follow this video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2DNRSAjJ2s&hd=1

Remember:
neon64 -> flash this file to your Neo N64 Myth (Bios Path A-2) and set the boot type to Type A-2: N64 menu (recommended)
neon64MF -> you can flash this file into your Neo2 cart (Bios Path A-1) (optional)
neon64SD -> you can copy this to your sd card (optional)

Don't mix these up, don't flash neon64MF to Bios Path A-2 or the other way round. :P

The menu you can download here: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,7142.0.html
The Neo2 Pro Manager (current version 1.11) here: http://www.neoflash.com/myth/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:13:55 PM by sanni »