Author Topic: Help About Sega CD Backup Ram  (Read 11114 times)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: Help About Sega CD Backup Ram
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 02:38:13 AM »
But what about changing values shown in the video?

Did you read my post? I said the PC client can't change the values because it only uses one sram bank, and the SCD BRAM takes up the entire sram bank.

Offline afreet

• NEO newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 02:44:42 AM »
Sorry buddy, I'm using online translator, it is difficult to understand. You saw the change from 62 to over 2000? So what do I do? Sorry being boring. I'm not getting you understand.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 03:34:02 AM »
My apologies... I didn't watch the very end of the video.  :'(

Okay, the problem is probably the same reason you could not set the bank number in the options... the PC client always sets the sram size to off, and the menu doesn't turn the sram on. So it might look like it's working, but it's really off. I need to correct that. Let me fix that and I'll post a new menu here for you to try.

I didn't notice the problem because I normally run the BRAM loaded from the SD card, not from flash. Sorry.

Offline afreet

• NEO newbie
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 03:38:48 AM »
Thanks for trying to help. Shown in the video, when I copied the CDX to RAM worked. Turning off the console and on again, as shown in the video, the values have changed, making it impossible to do the reverse, RAM CDX. So RAM is good for nothing. Agrees with me. Again, thank you for your patience and understanding and I apologize for bothering so much.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 04:52:14 AM »
I fixed the problem with the BRAM bank setting and size recognition, but I have seen that issue with the files changing, so I'm looking into that right now.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 07:32:32 AM »
Okay, try this out. The value used to make SCD_BRAM.bin given us by the hardware guy was wrong - it was twice as big as it should be. It was setting the BRAM to 128KB, but the GBA carts can only make 64KB available in one bank. So when the runmode is 9 (SCD BRAM enabled), I generate the proper value instead of what's in the file. As a result, you only get half as many blocks, but you do have (up to) four banks you could use.

I have no idea where it was writing to when it was set to twice the size it should have been.  ~sm-64.gif~.gif  If you where using an SD card and saved the BRAM, you would have seen there was no format header at the end of the BRAM (the last 64 bytes have a head, and the bytes right before that are the directory). So the header and directory were being written into who knows what, so that's why it wouldn't hold the data correctly - the save data was okay, but the directory and header weren't in proper sram.

Offline afreet

• NEO newbie
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 09:06:26 PM »
Buddy does not work. I tried with 64, 128, 256, 512. Disconnect and connect the video game and the data are corrupted.

Offline afreet

• NEO newbie
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
What is the MDEBIOS.bin? I know that must be loaded MDBIOS.bin menu menu with 4 mega, but what MDE?

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »

Could you clarify the difference between MDBIOS.BIN and MDEBIOS.BIN?

MDBIOS.BIN is burned to the menu. MDEBIOS.BIN is loaded from the SD card.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 12:29:14 AM »
Could be your sram battery in the flash cart is going dead... do you have trouble with other game saves on the card? Have you tried running the SCD_BRAM.BIN from the SD card and using the automatic save manager to save/restore the sram associated with the bram?

Offline afreet

• NEO newbie
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 01:18:56 AM »
As the battery could die if the product is new? Yes, any game becomes corrupted. There SCD_BRAM.bin file, only SCD_RAM.bin. There is nothing about BRAM or the program or in the updates. As you know my product is not SD card. I do not know where it is or how to use "manager autosave to save / restore. Like this, do not know about BRAM.

Offline afreet

• NEO newbie
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 01:22:12 AM »
Let's try to resolve it. I'm not understanding you and the same.

1) Which file to download and how big? What is this menu?
2) Which file upload and what size? What is this menu?
3) Which file upload and what size? What is this menu?
4) Which file upload and what size? What is this menu?
5) Which file upload and what size? What is this menu?
6) What file upload and what size? What is this menu?

In short, what I do, what size of file, which file and what the purpose of each menu?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:26:42 AM by afreet »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 02:13:20 AM »
SCD_RAM.bin

Put that on the SD card somewhere (MD games folder is fine... or somewhere where you know where it is). Select it in the MD menu, then press A for the options. Select the Save Manager option and press C. Select the auto handling option and press C. Then exit back to the options screen and press B to run. The auto handling loads a file from the save directory to the GBA SRAM when you start a game (or the SCD_RAM in this case), and saves the GBA SRAM back to the file when you run the menu the next time.

MD saves currently go into "/.menu/md/saves/"

Offline afreet

• NEO newbie
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 02:19:29 AM »
What about the four menus, which files to load (which name)?
What size (1mb, 64kb ...)?
What is the function of the menus?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 02:23:58 AM »
I think he doesn't have an SD card.If that's the case good luck getting it to work with that old client.  >:( You might want to try madmonkey's programmer.  ~sm-69.gif~.gif