Author Topic: NEO COMPO 2010 Reviews By Aleomark: forum and magazine style!  (Read 22168 times)

Offline PypeBros

• homebrewer
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.
Re: NEO COMPO 2010 Reviews By Aleomark: forum and magazine style!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »
btw, I'm surprised that no reviewer seems to have distinguished original vs commercial-ripped gfx & sfx ... But that may just be because I'm unused to the rules of homebrew compos.
Enjoy Apple Assault v1.4 with polished gameplay and graphics

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 12:26:31 AM »
btw, I'm surprised that no reviewer seems to have distinguished original vs commercial-ripped gfx & sfx ... But that may just be because I'm unused to the rules of homebrew compos.

It WAS a factor in my review, even if nearly unstated. The only program I mentioned it specifically for was probably Cristal Vista, being as all the graphics are merely Vista elements. As I stated in my review, he did a good job on making it all work properly, but they weren't his graphics. When that's the only thing that distinguishes your app, you're in some trouble.  ^-^

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 12:33:55 AM »
yeah in some cases I said "isn't so original cause that or these etc" take by example:

and obviously is not an original graphic art,
from review #3

or went I say it's a clone of XXXX game, it's obvious that ideas, graphic and music its not original
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:48:49 AM by Aleomark »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 02:08:30 AM »
Yeah, I didn't think we had to point out that the Mario games (for example) weren't using original graphics.  ~sm-82.gif~.gif

Offline PypeBros

• homebrewer
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 04:10:05 PM »
I see. It gets part of the overal evaluation even though you don't advertise it with "original art bonus" the same way some go with an "open-source bonus".

The reviewer sets the rules, anyway. And again, thanks for testing and reviewing: you all gave me enough things to think about and improve  to keep me busy for weeks, and that's what matters the most.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:20:01 PM by PypeBros »
Enjoy Apple Assault v1.4 with polished gameplay and graphics