Author Topic: blank screen when turn on ds  (Read 6901 times)

Offline sigolo

• NEO newbie
blank screen when turn on ds
« on: October 13, 2010, 05:38:23 AM »
i have just bought a R6 gold. when i turn off my ds lite and i restart it, some time (often) i have a blank white screen (both). I have to restart many times for to go. this happen also with only R6 insert, without any FT. This seems to happen only when the R6 is "hot". When i turn on the first time on the morning it go well, then when i play also for only 2 min. and I turn off and then turn on for change the play, I have the problem. Can someone help me?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: blank screen when turn on ds
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:46:25 AM »
I've found with my R6 Gold + DS Lite that I have to leave the DS off for about 30 seconds before turning it back on or it hangs at the initial screen (where it gives the usage warning, then tells you to press any button or the touch screen). I can't just switch it off and back on. The screen is very lite, but I can just make out that warning screen most of the time, so it hangs during the screen fade-in of the warning. As long as I wait a little, it never hangs. If I don't wait, it ALWAYS hangs.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
Doesn't sound normal to me  ???
How about trying with another firmware ?  ~sm-51.gif~.gif

Offline sigolo

• NEO newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:06:32 PM »
I've found with my R6 Gold + DS Lite that I have to leave the DS off for about 30 seconds before turning it back on or it hangs at the initial screen (where it gives the usage warning, then tells you to press any button or the touch screen). I can't just switch it off and back on. The screen is very lite, but I can just make out that warning screen most of the time, so it hangs during the screen fade-in of the warning. As long as I wait a little, it never hangs. If I don't wait, it ALWAYS hangs.

Yes this is perfectly the same for me .. this is very pesky sometimes

Doesn't sound normal to me  ???
How about trying with another firmware ?  ~sm-51.gif~.gif

Can you help me to find and how to change the firmware?

Thank you at all for your quickly replay and excuse me for my bad english

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 01:04:14 AM »
Yes this is perfectly the same for me .. this is very pesky sometimes

Can you help me to find and how to change the firmware?

Thank you at all for your quickly replay and excuse me for my bad english

Look here :
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6164.0.html

You just have to copy it on your SDC  ::sm-12.gif::

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 01:15:06 AM »
That's the firmware I'm using. Considering it hangs before it ever even accesses the R6, that is almost certainly not the issue.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 01:34:03 AM »
That's the firmware I'm using. Considering it hangs before it ever even accesses the R6, that is almost certainly not the issue.

One thing you might wanna try is to format the SDC to FAT16.It might help  ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 02:48:00 AM »
One thing you might wanna try is to format the SDC to FAT16.It might help  ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Did you read my post? It hangs before it ever checks the R6, much less read the SD card. It hangs on the initial warning screen Nintendo shows when you first turn on the DS.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 03:01:17 AM »
Did you read my post? It hangs before it ever checks the R6, much less read the SD card. It hangs on the initial warning screen Nintendo shows when you first turn on the DS.

I read your post but i just believe that it might be bad fs handling  ~sm-78.gif~.gif
(Or the game loader is not very compatible with newer nds consoles and there is no other option but to wait for a bit like now)
(Or the r6 core accepts signals to switch mode and the last loaded game is still on ram , but most of the data are invalid and you have to wait for the r6 core until the states go off
.This happens with the md also. Try to boot a game , then power off and quickly powen it on. Result : The last game pops up! )
 :D  :P  ~sm-80.gif~.gif
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:07:39 AM by Conle »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 03:38:16 AM »
(Or the r6 core accepts signals to switch mode and the last loaded game is still on ram , but most of the data are invalid and you have to wait for the r6 core until the states go off

This is my thoughts on the matter as well, and changing the firmware or SDC won't affect this at all.

Offline sigolo

• NEO newbie
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 04:36:30 PM »
Look here :
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6164.0.html
You just have to copy it on your SDC  ::sm-12.gif::

Thank you but I just have the last and I am agree with ChillyWilly: 

.... Considering it hangs before it ever even accesses the R6, that is almost certainly not the issue.

... the r6 core accepts signals to switch mode and the last loaded game is still on ram , but most of the data are invalid and you have to wait for the r6 core until the states go off

this is also my opinion...but how much time need until the states go off? Often i have to wait also 5 minutes ... then can we try to change the internal's R6 firmware? given that the R6 has a lateral port that seems for this

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
You could try to unplug the cart and plug it back in after 10~20seconds   ~sm-69.gif~.gif
Another option is to reset to menu before turning off the console-- I don't know if there is an option to do this though.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:06:18 PM by Conle »

Offline sigolo

• NEO newbie
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 02:01:56 AM »
You could try to unplug the cart and plug it back in after 10~20seconds   ~sm-69.gif~.gif
Another option is to reset to menu before turning off the console-- I don't know if there is an option to do this though.

Not is possible to reset to menu before turning off the console, at least from what I know. No others has this problem? Only I and ChillyWilly ? If yes then our R6 is broke, otherwise peraphs few people have R6 ... I think tath the solution is only to change the internal's R6 firmware, if it is possible.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
It's only like 10 to 20 seconds for me. Given the NDS uses software controlled power and not an actual switch, it makes sense that it might have the issue. How long you have to leave it off may vary on the ND, the cart plugged into the GBA slot, and maybe even the type of SDC in the R6. You might try varying some of those (except the NDS) and see if the time you have to leave it off varies to get an idea of what is most at issue here.