Author Topic: SNES firmware 2.6 released  (Read 25863 times)

Offline Nodoyuna

• NEO newbie
Re: SNES firmware 2.6 released
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »
 ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif

WOW... Formatting the cart and burning the games with version 1.11 of the manager solves the problem..!!!!
Now I have menu 0.54 and access to the SD card!!!!

Time to play a little...I deserve it :D

~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Thanks for the help!!

Offline Slim

• NEO newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 05:45:36 AM »
Hi All,
I've just bought the SNES Neo Myth Card and the Neo Programmer si not working: it tells me that it cannot find the USB Slim Loader.
OK, I decide to upgrade the firmware to the last one, the 2.6 here.
BUT, when I try to connect the FPC 17 pin cable, and launche the upgrading firmware, I always get the same message: "the IDCODE of the target does not match the expected value in the dat file image"
The message is the same when the card is not plugged.
Anyway my real question is: when I look at the  port for the FPC 17 pin on the Printed Card Board, I can count 8 pins ?! Is that normal ?? Am I trying the good port ? (I cannot find another one)
I use the port named "USB upgrade port" on the right on the PCB...
Thanks for any help. ~sm-92.gif~.gif

Cheers
Slim

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 05:56:59 AM »
Here's what I wrote earlier in this topic:

Then you take your Nero Dual Programmer and one of the flat cables that came with it. You should've received 2 cables; one with 8 pins and one with lots of pins (20 or 34 or whatever the number is). IIRC the one with 8 pins is for the N64 Myth, while the one with more pins is for the SNES/MD Myth.
So you plug one end of the cable into the Nero. There are two slots on it; you should use the "upper" slot, the one on the same side as the logo. And the text on the cable should also be facing up. Pull the plastic "plug" covering the slot out a bit when inserting the cable, the push it back in to secure the cable.

Then plug the other end into the Myth, plug the Nero into your computer, run the updater program and press the button it, and wait. If the update fails, check the cable connections and try again.

That has always worked for me.

Offline Slim

• NEO newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 06:00:04 AM »
Yeap, I've read already at least 8 times   ~sm-58.gif~.gif

Anyway, I tried all configuration I think... Maybe the device is broke. When I connect it with the USB cable to upload ROM, the LED is not even lighting...

:(

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 06:03:44 AM »
The Nero Dual Programmer should akways have a red light when connected to a USB port.

The SNES Myth red light should turn on if you have the 17 pin cable connected correctly to the NDP.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:06:57 AM by Sektor »

Offline Slim

• NEO newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 06:12:52 AM »
The SNES Myth light should turn on if you have the 17 pin cable connected correctly.
OK I see.
So when the card is connected either to the NERO Dual programmer or to the USB for uploading ROMs, the light should turn on ?!
That's the main problem I think: it's not the case... (only the red light of the USB programmer is turning on)

Maybe some extra questions:
- should the GBA 256Mb cart be inserted while connected the FPC 17 pins cable ?
- if I pray and turn the cart with a magical incantations to the holy Gods, ill the red light turn on ? ;-)
- is the F/J little pin that comes with the Nero Dual Programmer useful for upgrading the SNES Myth Card ?

And by the way, thanks for this forum. VERY useful.

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 06:19:09 AM »
should the GBA 256Mb cart be inserted while connected the FPC 17 pins cable?
No

if I pray and turn the cart with a magical incantations to the holy Gods, will the red light turn on ? ;-)
If it does, it's just a coincidence.

is the F/J little pin that comes with the Nero Dual Programmer useful for upgrading the SNES Myth Card ?
No. That is just for old Wii modchips.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:21:02 AM by Sektor »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 06:29:40 AM »
When I connect it with the USB cable to upload ROM, the LED is not even lighting...

Not at all? No matter which USB port you're using?  And you've installed the drivers that came with the Neo Pro Manager?

When I connect my SNES Myth to my computer with the USB cable, the LED at the front first turns red, then flashes green a couple of times, and then goes off.

Offline Slim

• NEO newbie
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 06:40:11 AM »
Yeap, I installed the driver that comes along with Nero Pro Manager...
When I connect my SNES Myth to my computer with the USB cable, the LED at the front first turns red, then flashes green a couple of times, and then goes off.

I wish mine would do that. Is there a way to reset something ? Or... I don't know, maybe that's it.
Strangely, when I insert it  in the SNES, the red light is always on and I'm able to play with the T-connector game connected. But since the 256Mb cart is empty, I can not try any ROM. I can only perform memory tests, and that's not the best game in the world  ::sm-12.gif::
Damn.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:50:43 AM by Slim »

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 06:57:05 AM »
You don't use the Nero Dual Programmer to write to the 256Mb cart. The NDP is just used for updating the Myth core.

Picture of my SNES Myth connected to Nero Dual Programmer.

Edit: http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5705/snesmyhtnerodualprogram.jpg

The lots of extra cables in my pictures are just there to confuse you.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:14:46 AM by Sektor »

Offline Slim

• NEO newbie
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 07:15:40 AM »
You don't use the Nero Dual Programmer to write to the 256Mb cart. The NDP is just used for updating the Myth core.
Yes I know. What I was trying to say is that with NDP OR with the normal USB cable, the LED is never lighting.
It's only lighting when inserted in the SNES...

Thanks for the pics, I can control that my pluging is right. But that's not a good sign as long as it's still not working.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »
Hi All,
I've just bought the SNES Neo Myth Card and the Neo Programmer si not working: it tells me that it cannot find the USB Slim Loader.
OK, I decide to upgrade the firmware to the last one, the 2.6 here.
BUT, when I try to connect the FPC 17 pin cable, and launche the upgrading firmware, I always get the same message: "the IDCODE of the target does not match the expected value in the dat file image"
The message is the same when the card is not plugged.
Anyway my real question is: when I look at the  port for the FPC 17 pin on the Printed Card Board, I can count 8 pins ?! Is that normal ?? Am I trying the good port ? (I cannot find another one)
I use the port named "USB upgrade port" on the right on the PCB...
Thanks for any help. ~sm-92.gif~.gif

Cheers
Slim

Are you using an 64Bit OS? If so , forget about upgrading the core since the Nero dual programmer works only under 32bit OS....

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
The red light would still turn on. All that needs is power. You don't have to have any applications open.

Offline Slim

• NEO newbie
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 11:30:23 PM »
@Cole: No 64bits OS, I'm under Windows XP here.

The red light would still turn on. All that needs is power. You don't have to have any applications open.
Ok, that's just power.
So if I sum up:
- inserting the cart in the cartridge of the SNES is turning on the LED
- using the FPC cable and connecting the NDP to an USB port is not turning on the LED
- connecting the regular USB cable for uploading ROM is not turning on the LED

Maybe that's a USB-related problem ? I tried on 2 different computers, same thing. Maybe I'll try with a 3rd one... (desperate situation!)
Another question: on windows XP, when I connect the cart with the USB Slim Loader, there is no device recognized by windows. But I remember that the first time, there was one. I used the "safely remove from USB" windows function at that time. Since then, no device is appearing on Windows when I connect the cart.
Do you think it may be related ?
Do you use the "safely remove from USB" function ?

Thanks all for your time by the way. You make me hope ~sm-85.gif~.gif

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 11:35:43 PM »
Try a different USB cable.