Author Topic: Neo N64 Myth menu v2.2  (Read 26059 times)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: Neo N64 Myth menu v2.2
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 07:01:08 AM »
There is no NTSC version of the N64 menu - there is PAL and "whatever". The whatever version doesn't ID itself as anything - it uses whatever the console defaults to... which tends to be NTSC. This caused some issues with certain old PAL TVs, so a specific PAL version was done. Use the whatever version unless your old PAL TV doesn't display the menu at all.

The screen size in the menu is always 320x240. This means that on TVs that use a PAL resolution, you will have black bars at the top and bottom. It's just the way it is with PAL.

Offline bidou670

• NEO newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 05:14:20 AM »
Hello :)

How to make on neo myth card 64 with 1024 neo2 pro card and with myth menu 2.2 for working and launch "conquer bad fur day " rom 512mbit ?? Thanks for the infos ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:18:17 AM by bidou670 »

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 06:00:37 AM »
Hello
Me again =)
Thank you for the PAL explanation.

Now a new weird behavior.
I formated the whole flashcard, meaning Menu in Standard format and ROM in Low Level.
I plugged it in my N64 and obviously nothing appeared.

Then i flashed a N64 Menu (NEON64.v64) in the TypeA-2 : N64 MENU setting.
When i turned on the N64, the menu appeared but it was a MF menu. Actually it seams that not only the format didn't erase the old MF menu, but the TypeA-2 Menu setting didn't worked.
I checked this using an old 1.9 MF Menu and an new 2.2 U Menu. It still was the old 1.9 menu booting.
I thought that the N64 Myth booted on first the N64 Myth menu, then checking MF and finally SD menu, using the newest version.
Doesn anyone could help me please ?

I have 2 more quesiotns:
- What is the use of this funtion in format menu : Advance: support ROM FAT
- What is the use of changing the boot CIC ? if we use a 6105 card, everything works, isn't it ? so why changing this option ?

Thank you for your patience.
I 'm still on the way to know at best my flashcard, and every option interests me.
Does anyone have some of "instruction booklet" explaning every option of this wonder/powerful software ?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
Hello :)

How to make on neo myth card 64 with 1024 neo2 pro card and with myth menu 2.2 for working and launch "conquer bad fur day " rom 512mbit ?? Thanks for the infos ;)

If you mean you wrote Conker to the flash and wonder how to run it from the menu, press START to switch the browser between the flash and SD card.

Hello
Me again =)
Thank you for the PAL explanation.

Now a new weird behavior.
I formated the whole flashcard, meaning Menu in Standard format and ROM in Low Level.
I plugged it in my N64 and obviously nothing appeared.

Then i flashed a N64 Menu (NEON64.v64) in the TypeA-2 : N64 MENU setting.
When i turned on the N64, the menu appeared but it was a MF menu. Actually it seams that not only the format didn't erase the old MF menu, but the TypeA-2 Menu setting didn't worked.
I checked this using an old 1.9 MF Menu and an new 2.2 U Menu. It still was the old 1.9 menu booting.
I thought that the N64 Myth booted on first the N64 Myth menu, then checking MF and finally SD menu, using the newest version.
Doesn anyone could help me please ?

You need to set both menus to SOMETHING to write both. Leaving the GBA menu flash file blank leaves whatever is written there alone. I usually have the MD Myth menu as the GBA menu flash file selected - that way, the GBA menu flash is set for the MD Myth.

I have 2 more quesiotns:
- What is the use of this funtion in format menu : Advance: support ROM FAT

The menus can have a table of free/used sectors at the top of the menu flash. I think it's used for keeping track of bad sectors as well as used sectors, so if you format your flash and have bad sectors, you should enable the rom fat.

- What is the use of changing the boot CIC ? if we use a 6105 card, everything works, isn't it ? so why changing this option ?

It's one of those things that's there in case it's useful later. Right now, the boot header of the menu is 6102-based, but if it changed, you could set the boot cic to whatever it needed.

Does anyone have some of "instruction booklet" explaning every option of this wonder/powerful software ?

I believe the readme with the menu covers everything in the menu. If you mean the PC client, then no, I don't think there's anything that covers everything.

Offline bidou670

• NEO newbie
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
If i understand in the menu 2.2 i select the rom conquer bad fur day 512mbit and i press to start button ( flash the browser its this ?) and conquer is write  ? and how to make for launch the rom conquer bad fur day in the menu 2.2  because i select the rom conquer 512mbit and i press start button ( flash the browser ) in the menu 2.2   and the rom not launch in the menu ?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 03:30:59 PM by bidou670 »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 03:31:46 PM »
Conker and a few other games cannot be loaded from SD card - you have to burn them to the flash using the PC client software. Once they are burned to the flash, then can be run from the menu via the browser. Press START to switch the browser back and forth between games burned to flash and games on the SD card.

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 03:50:41 AM »
Hello everyone,
as i started here,  i will ask my questions here again, still 'cause i want to understand every option of the Neo2 Pro Manager.

So here there are:

- The "dump" (between Add and Delete) option is uselss, isn't it ? It's for others hardware
- At the bottom of the software windows, there are some infos like free space, etc. What are SRAM and PSRAM ? Is it for saving ?
- What is the meaning of "NEO Type:20" and "OEM Type:65" please ?

That's all for the moment :)
I understand that it can be some of annoying, so much questions, but for noobs like me, sometime it's hard ti understand every detail.

Thnak you for your great job

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 01:41:23 PM »
At the bottom of the software windows, there are some infos like free space, etc. What are SRAM and PSRAM ? Is it for saving ?

SRAM is for saving. PSRAM is used for holding the games when you run them (except some very large N64 games that have to be run from flash). What the menu does when you run a game is to copy the entire game to PSRAM, then write-protects it, maps it into the correct address range, and finally jumps to the beginning of the game's code. So when a game is running the N64 will see the PSRAM as ROM (i.e. like a normal N64 cartridge).

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
Thank you very much mr. mic_
Do you have a indication for the other question (NEO Type and OEM).
And other questions:

does anyone tried a patch apply ?
still in order to learn avery use of my N64 Myth, i tried the Patch utility but unsuccesfully.
can anyone explain me the use of every setting ? (it seemed to me kind of obvious but i should make a mistake).

What is the use of Mode setting in N64 Game Selected (Mode0, 1, 2, etc...)?

Thank you all !
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:06:22 PM by MockyLock »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 02:59:01 AM »
The mode is unused. It does nothing. It is a field held over from other consoles that use it. The menu format is semi-standardized so that much of the client code can be reused, but some of it isn't used on all Myths.

The Neo Type is the rev of the Myth cart, while the OEM Type is the rev of the flash cart plugged into the Myth.

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 03:05:47 PM »
Hello
thanks for answering
Something strange:
My N64 Myth give these infos:

NEO Type: 0
OEM Type: 1

The NEO should be 3 (rev of the N64 Myth, isn't it ?)
And OEM ? I have a Neo2 Pro 1024

Thank you for caring about my little problem (comparing to all the job you do and have to)

Offline sanni

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
Don't confuse the rev of the hardware(the pcb and stuff on it) with the rev of the software flashed onto it(e.g. the v3 firmware)

Offline MockyLock

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 07:48:17 PM »
Thanks
I can count on you all for giving help !
So i almost understand every option.

there are 2 left:
- patching ROM. i can't succes in patching ROM. Maybe my APS / IPS is corrupted... anyone already tried ?
- the memory option at top of Neo2 Pro Manager window: all the option of these menu are usefull ?

Thank you all again =)

I'm writing a kind of "how to use" for the N64 Myth in French, as a reminder for me.
Once it will be achieved, would you like me to upload it here ?
it could interest someone maybe...

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 10:25:43 PM »
- patching ROM. i can't succes in patching ROM. Maybe my APS / IPS is corrupted... anyone already tried ?

Last time i tried the programmer was passing to the plugin an empty string as filename.Doubt that it has been fixed  ~sm-82.gif~.gif
Just use other simple tools to do the job until we implement aps/ips patches into the menu code.

- the memory option at top of Neo2 Pro Manager window: all the option of these menu are usefull ?

If you've got a neo 2 sd card , no , those options are useless , since the menu dumps all saves to /menu/n64/saves directory.
It would make sense to use those options in case one still had a simple 512/1024Mb gba card.

I'm writing a kind of "how to use" for the N64 Myth in French, as a reminder for me.

In that case , it would be better to translate some of the already existing docs(for example : Sanni's faq thread  ..).

Once it will be achieved, would you like me to upload it here ?
it could interest someone maybe...

Feel free to post anything you like :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:27:39 PM by Conle »

Offline bidou670

• NEO newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 01:14:19 AM »
Hello Guy :)

But i have a question :  the Neo N64 Myth menu v2.2 is good menu ?

thanks again ;)