Author Topic: SNES firmware 2.6 released  (Read 23569 times)

Offline Slim

• NEO newbie
Re: SNES firmware 2.6 released
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »
Already done, Sektor, 3 times :D
And I'm sure I also used the USB port on the Mothercard - that is to say powered ports.

Did you ever use the "safely remove from USB" function ? I really think this may be related now  ???
And in the device pannel, can you see some NEO or USB Slim Loader related device when it's connected / or not ?
I have nothing related to NEO in my device pannel...

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 12:24:13 AM »
Do you use the "safely remove from USB" function ?

Only when using a stand-alone Slimloader, because otherwise it sometimes messes up my USB mouse if I just unplug the Slimloader.

But there's no reason why you'd need one of those since the SNES/MD/N64 Myth has their own built-in Slimloader.
Make sure the Slimloader drivers have been correctly installed. If they haven't been, or if you can't remember if they were, then run the (Neo Pro Manager) installer again. I've successfully installed the drivers on both XP and Vista 32-bit.

Offline Slim

• NEO newbie
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
Yeap mic_, I just reinstalled the drivers, and it looks like it's not properly installed. See the cap here:

(windows in french, I know...)
When I click on it, Windows just tells me that the device could not start (code 10).

I've also reinstalled the Neo Pro Manager and it keeps telling me that the driver are properly installed.

Just to show you, here are two pics of my Myth card connected and the LED is always off (I don't have any cam, so I used my phone, sorry for the bad quality):

Here with the USB Link, the LED is off.

Here with the NDP, the LED is also off.

If this LED is just a power indicator, maybe the powering module from the PCB is dead ?
The strangest thing is that when I insert the cart into the SNES, I got the menu, I can play with the T-connected game, and the LED is turned on, displaying RED.

~sm-73.gif~.gif

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 02:18:51 AM »
If this LED is just a power indicator, maybe the powering module from the PCB is dead ?

Yeah, who knows. Maybe the USB connector on the cart is broken.

The strangest thing is that when I insert the cart into the SNES, I got the menu

It probably came pre-loaded with some old menu.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
That doesn't look like a full size USB connector on the laptop - perhaps the power it supplies isn't enough to properly power the cart while writing. I've seen reports like that before - even connected to the motherboard of some systems, the cart doesn't get the power needed. USB isn't meant for such things... it's really meant for low-power devices or communications, not powering flash burners. A big part of that is the fact that you can't count on the voltage... old USB connectors provided 5 V, but those are rare these days with most being 3.6 or 3.3 V instead. I wouldn't be at all shocked to learn that some laptops were even something like 2.7 V. Think of it like CD/DVD writers that hook to the USB - most also come with an AC adapter to use in those cases where the USB cannot supply the power needed to burn a disc.