Author Topic: How to get Neutopia 1&2 to work on PC-E turbo grafx  (Read 9492 times)

Offline meka

• NEO newbie
How to get Neutopia 1&2 to work on PC-E turbo grafx
« on: May 09, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
I read all the posts and it simply (the driver) does not work on Windows 7, Vista 32 bit, why, I pay 150 for it and it is useless, wtf, I tried everything and the driver just want be recognisd, what it is recognised in Windows 7 but it says: Old version or invalid ROM-FAT, Please take a format! WTF does that mean, any way to fix it?

PLS REPLY
THANKS
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:54:12 PM by Dr.neo »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Re: Does not work
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
Please take a format!

Use the format function in the Neo Pro Manager.

What version of the Manager are you using btw? I've successfully written games to my 64M PCE card in Vista (32-bit).

Offline meka

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:47:37 PM »
I am using Neo2 Pro Manager 1.03 Beta version, I tried the format function but as the driver cannot be installed it won't work.

Thanks

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 01:51:32 AM »
I just tested my rig again to be sure, and it works.
Vista Home Premium 32-bit + SP2, Neo2 Pro Manager V1.11, SlimLoader IV, Neo PC-E Flash Cart 64M.

I'm not sure why the drivers fail to install on your computer. It might be some access right issue for the directories it is trying to use. Though I don't remember running the installer as administrator, and the drivers installed properly on my computer.

Have you tried the older software? (can be found at http://www.neoflash.com/go/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=30)

Offline meka

• NEO newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »
I got it to work in Windows 7 with Neo2 Pro Manager V1.11, it kept telling me to format it, I changed the bios.bin file to the new menu version (turbo grafx) and it formatted and worked fines, except I cannot get Neutopia 1&2 to work, it was the main reason why I bought it.

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »
I tested Neutopia today and it didn't work for me either. It's not a header issue, and I don't think it's a ROM size issue. I guess either the game relies on SaveRAM to work at all (the flash card I have doesn't have any SaveRAM), or there's something wrong with the ROM. Can't really say anything more without having tried running it in a debugger (mednafen).

Offline meka

• NEO newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »
I got the flash cart + save version and the IFU Interface unit (my pc-engine is modded to play JAP and US regions via a switch) and neither Neutopia 1 or  2 work at all. I am going to test every US game, 94 games I think, and I'll provide a list of the games that don't work, I download the roms from emuparadise, I need Neutopia to work!!

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 01:55:22 AM »
I managed to get Neutopia to work with my neoflash cart. When stepping through the game in a debugger I noticed that it sets some of the memory paging registers to values way beyond the size of the ROM - so it's relying on some wrapping functionality that the neoflash cart apparently doesn't handle. The solution is to duplicate some banks. This might also fix some of the other games you reported broken, but Neutopia is the only one I've tried so far.

Here's a Windows tool for fixing Neutopia: download link   (and the source code)

Put the exe in the same directory as the ROM, then open a command prompt and navigate to that directory, and run something like this:
Code: [Select]
neopcepad.exe "Neutopia (USA).pce" Neutopia-fixed.pce

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:48:11 PM by Dr.neo »

Offline meka

• NEO newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »
Thanks for the info, but when I try to open the command prompt, it flickers, then the command prompt goes away, then I checked test compatibility settings for the program and it said:
Windows compatibility mode: Windows XP (Service Pack 2). But I have Windows 7 and tried to install Windows XP virtual PC but that said that my version of Windows 7 is not compatable, and I have no access to XP. So I am asking could you please, please provide a download link for the Neutopia game that you fixed.

Thanks

Offline Supremo Lagarto

• NEO newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 10:48:44 AM »
Thanks for the info, but when I try to open the command prompt, it flickers, then the command prompt goes away, then I checked test compatibility settings for the program and it said:
Windows compatibility mode: Windows XP (Service Pack 2). But I have Windows 7 and tried to install Windows XP virtual PC but that said that my version of Windows 7 is not compatable, and I have no access to XP. So I am asking could you please, please provide a download link for the Neutopia game that you fixed.

Thanks

You don't need to set it for compatibility mode. Just start the command prompt. Then hit CD\ to get to the root directory. Then type CD\Whatever\ to get to the directory that the app is in. Then type the name of the app, followed by the name of the rom, followed by the name of the rom after you've changed it.

Example (Exper is my directory):

CD\

CD\Exper\

C:\Exper>Neopcepad.exe Neut.pce Neut-fix.pce

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Re: How to get Neutopia 1&2 to work on PC-E turbo grafx
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
and note please,you need set the right ROM format before burn the ROM,like the TG16 console need set to "USA" version , the default "JAPAN" version will wont work.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:41:22 PM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......