Author Topic: Question about Neo Compo 2011  (Read 4793 times)

Offline dieudunet

• dieudunet
Question about Neo Compo 2011
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
Hello all,

I would like to know when the Compo forum for the August neo retro coding 2011 will be open ?

And , about the Game / App division, is it possible to send a homebrew done with Sprites and Level get from old game (Mario, Sonic,...) ???

because I'm a coder but I have nobody to do Sprites or level for me.

Thank you for your answer
C is for N00b
ASM rules

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Question about Neo Compo 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 06:31:45 PM »
I would like to know when the Compo forum for the August neo retro coding 2011 will be open ?

Its always "open" so you can work on your entry as we "speak".
Just wait for the announcement so that the new boards have been created and then you'll be able to submit your entry.

And , about the Game / App division, is it possible to send a homebrew done with Sprites and Level get from old game (Mario, Sonic,...)

Yes.But you are fully responsible for whatever follows  ::sm-03::

because I'm a coder but I have nobody to do Sprites or level for me.

I've seen many people here complain about audio and graphics when its so simple to do your own.
You can do the graphics with a cheap tablet , gimp + blender 3d and then convert them to your custom format.

The audio is the easiest part.You don't even need an instrument.Just download a virtual keyboard application , expirement with it , and then
with simple and free audio editing tools you can do all sort of sound effects  8)

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Re: Question about Neo Compo 2011
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 07:00:48 PM »
I've seen many people here complain about audio and graphics when its so simple to do your own.
You can do the graphics with a cheap tablet , gimp + blender 3d and then convert them to your custom format.

The audio is the easiest part.You don't even need an instrument.Just download a virtual keyboard application , expirement with it , and then
with simple and free audio editing tools you can do all sort of sound effects

The problem is this way you'll probably end up with a game that looks and sounds like ****.
You could try asking around at artist forums and see if anyone has any free tiles and/or sprites that you can use.