Author Topic: [Affiliates] [App] PixelFixer 2.0  (Read 14053 times)

Offline Ufos85

[Affiliates] [App] PixelFixer 2.0
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:14:38 PM »
Here is my application named PixelFixer 2.0
As many of you know there are programs like this for almost everything using a LCD display.
Reason I made one for the DS even if there is a few for the GBA is that the do not support the full resolution, and that they only work on one screen at the time.
PixelFixer is ment to first let you search for bad pixels if you're not sure if you got them or not.
The next thing does is flashing the screen with the options you've selected (default recommended). By flashing the screen fast enough, there is a chance of fixing stuck pixels (note that this does _not_ fix dead pixels).

The program was comfirmed working  27-08-05 when a friend of mine tested the program. One of his 3 bad pixels started working again, and the other two was most likely so called dead pixels. He's currently returning his DS on the warrenty and will soon recive a new one.

Please read the readme file before testing the program, this for your own safty  :).

I really hope this is enough to apply for a free MK2. I dont know how many days while coding and even after this I spent with hurting eyes and bad migrain. (This will not happen to the user).

I have a site too where I will post all the other DS app/games Ill finish in the feature: http://ufos85.mine.nu/nds/

This is the closest I came to a screenshot of the program (not when flashing)

Here is the .zip file containing .nds .ds.gba and the readme.
http://ufos85.mine.nu/nds/homebrew/Pixelfixer2.zip
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 09:38:14 PM by Dr.neo »

Offline oplaza

• RincónPortátil
Re: [App] PixelFixer 2.0
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 04:55:38 AM »
i have posted it on

http://dsprograming.blogspot.com

great app , thx :)

Offline Pie

Re: [App] PixelFixer 2.0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 05:16:26 AM »
And gbarl.it ;)

Good work man.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Re: [Affiliates] [App] PixelFixer 2.0
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 09:38:40 PM »
ok you are passed:)
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Ufos85

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 11:12:02 PM »
ok you are passed:)

Thank you.  :) a PM should be waiting for you soon.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 06:53:10 PM »
 ::)
any relation to this aside from the name? (mine was completed and uploaded to myfilestash for release INCLUDING source on 07/12/05 02:05AM)
http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles/cory1492/pixelFixerv2.zip
would be nice to know if you used my source and improved on it, so kudos if you did and are getting something for free for it ;)

Nice UI BTW, much better than the one I tossed together.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:59:00 PM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline Ufos85

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 02:54:02 AM »
::)
any relation to this aside from the name? (mine was completed and uploaded to myfilestash for release INCLUDING source on 07/12/05 02:05AM)
http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles/cory1492/pixelFixerv2.zip
would be nice to know if you used my source and improved on it, so kudos if you did and are getting something for free for it ;)

Nice UI BTW, much better than the one I tossed together.

No, the first version, aka 0.1 was done a week after I recived my DS late Juli. I looked through your source aswell and its not built in the same way at all, more than it flashes the screens :)
If you're on IRC you can contact me, Im known as Furre there.
You could always ask Lira-Nuna on that Ive done it from scratch, he was the one that got me going ^-^
On futher releases Ill change the name of the App, I did not know that the name was already shared.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 03:41:59 AM by Ufos85 »

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 03:17:43 PM »
Like I said, nice UI and it works much better than mine - was just curious if mine actually inspired anything, as it did not get much feedback when I made it as to whether anyone would actually be interested in more features or not... just got a lot of "well, if you have epilepsy..." stuff ::)
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline LiraNuna

• Development Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 11:45:50 PM »
this actually fixed 2 stuck pixels on my new DS.

Thanks alot! ^_^

Offline Ufos85

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 12:35:30 PM »
Like I said, nice UI and it works much better than mine - was just curious if mine actually inspired anything, as it did not get much feedback when I made it as to whether anyone would actually be interested in more features or not... just got a lot of "well, if you have epilepsy..." stuff ::)

Well, since I hadnt seen your program since yesterday, that wasnt where I got inspired from. Reason I made it was cause I knew there were GBA apps that could be run on the DS, but not support the full resolution, so that's where the idea came from to make a fullresolution "flasher".
And the reason that you have to close the lid on mine is to avoid the epilepsy comments, and it have worked so far ^-^.

this actually fixed 2 stuck pixels on my new DS.

Thanks alot! ^_^

Your welcome, hope it can help as many people as possible  :-*

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 05:10:31 PM »
Well, I basically got to the point where it was working, and I wanted to see if anyone actually needed it - it was technically a demo to find out how it compared to the PSP and LCD monitor flashing videos to see where the framerate was... never did find out an 'optimal speed' or get much interest so I never continued on.... (V1 only had the screen fill to colors on mine... but it sure helped me to understand Mode 5 a little, and framebuffer mode on DS ;) )

So technically my inspiration was the PSP video and a friend from IRC who wound up with more stuck pixels after using it than he started with... very shortly after its release (within a day?) a similar one was done for GBA, as well as a .gba containing the PSP video compiled with, IIRC meteos.

Any rate, thanks for thinking similar thoughts and making a much better one, feel free to keep the name - just mention in the nfo its not related to my cruddy one and you should be happy ;)

PS. I put a link to your site, on my site, along with mine ;) check it out:
http://nds.cmamod.com (simple, thats the key, keep it simple - hopefully you understand that after seeing the site... heh)

Offline Agilo

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 06:25:45 AM »
Here is my application named PixelFixer 2.0
As many of you know there are programs like this for almost everything using a LCD display.
Reason I made one for the DS even if there is a few for the GBA is that the do not support the full resolution, and that they only work on one screen at the time.
PixelFixer is ment to first let you search for bad pixels if you're not sure if you got them or not.
The next thing does is flashing the screen with the options you've selected (default recommended). By flashing the screen fast enough, there is a chance of fixing stuck pixels (note that this does _not_ fix dead pixels).

The program was comfirmed working  27-08-05 when a friend of mine tested the program. One of his 3 bad pixels started working again, and the other two was most likely so called dead pixels. He's currently returning his DS on the warrenty and will soon recive a new one.

Please read the readme file before testing the program, this for your own safty  :).

I really hope this is enough to apply for a free MK2. I dont know how many days while coding and even after this I spent with hurting eyes and bad migrain. (This will not happen to the user).

I have a site too where I will post all the other DS app/games Ill finish in the feature: http://ufos85.mine.nu/nds/

This is the closest I came to a screenshot of the program (not when flashing)

Here is the .zip file containing .nds .ds.gba and the readme.
http://ufos85.mine.nu/nds/homebrew/Pixelfixer2.zip

So... mirror?

Offline Öhr GmbH

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 06:59:47 AM »
uhm the link works?

Offline Agilo

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 07:06:45 AM »
uhm the link works?

It didn't at the time of writing and I didn't find any morrors elsewhere (not even through Google), else I wouldn't have asked.

Offline Öhr GmbH

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 07:09:09 AM »
oh sorry, na now it works :D ::sm-29.gif::