Author Topic: my neo team splash screen freeze problem *SOLVED*  (Read 2423 times)

Offline dvd2vcd

• retro gaming enthusiast
my neo team splash screen freeze problem *SOLVED*
« on: January 06, 2012, 08:47:20 AM »
right, i dont know if anyone has seen my other posts regarding my issues about the myth menu failing to load and all i get is the splash screen, i decided to have a play about with it and i came up with this result and this is how i came across it...

i booted as per usual but it froze on the white neo splash screen so i turned off my n64 and back on again booted it again then while the light on the cart was flashing and as soon as the splash screen appeared i pulled out the gba cart and to my surprise the menu loaded!!! :)  i then re-inserted the gba cart back into the myth cart, pressed start to use the sd browser and tada!!! my rom was there and it loaded no problem :)

so now i have a bit more info for you guys, my guess is the gba cart is corrupted? what can i do to resolve this?
please make a atari jaguar flash cart!!!!!!!

Offline dvd2vcd

Re: my neo team splash screen freeze problem *SOLVED*
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »
i forgot to mention this is the package i purchased...

NEO N64 Myth flash cart + 256M

https://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=131&cat=0&featured=Y

thanks

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »
Two things might happpen :
0.You have burned on Menu Flash the extended menu and due to bad Menu Flash it dies after the jump from the U2  to EXT menu.
(In the current svn version of the menu we don't check for extended menu on Game Flash but just on SDC:/menu/n64 just for this reason)

1.Your SDC needs more time to initialize properly and the code needs to be adjusted in order to support super-slow-sdcs.
(We did this in the latest md menu svn-rev after a similar report was made)

Conclusion : You might want to wait a little until the next menu version is available(Its a matter of days).
(Of course you can always compile the menu on your own....A lot of people do this.)

edit : Happy new year by the way..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:59:16 PM by Conle »

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »
happy new year :) think i will wait for a menu update as i wouldnt know where to start compiling codes lol

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 03:44:07 AM »
erm...i dont know how i did it but the menu is booting fine now...im using 2.4b1, im just guessing iv been unlucky with some bad menu flashes maybe? i dont kno..but i know i aint going to mess with the bios files again lol noticed on my menu my cart is V4 :)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 08:13:09 AM »
V4 was the latest until the recent V6+. You really shouldn't see any problems with V4... I think V6+ was to fix some really obscure save memory issue with a particular game.