Author Topic: NEO Myth MD 3in1 + NEO3 SD flash cart It does not work .Help please!!  (Read 5946 times)

Offline ojillos

• NEO newbie
Good, I have problems with the NEO Myth MD 3in1 + NEO3 SD flash cart, it does not work.I have tried with several cards sd and always the message appears ´´not enough rom``.
I believe that the problem is the neo3 sd flash cart.Sorry for my english,bye.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: NEO Myth MD 3in1 + NEO3 SD flash cart It does not work .Help please!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:25:15 AM »
Good, I have problems with the NEO Myth MD 3in1 + NEO3 SD flash cart, it does not work.I have tried with several cards sd and always the message appears ´´not enough rom``.
I believe that the problem is the neo3 sd flash cart.Sorry for my english,bye.

On a flashcart with NEO3 SD plugged-in , you only have to burn the MENU (not as a game entry) and then just fill the SD with ... "stuff"  ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Offline hartono

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »
On a flashcart with NEO3 SD plugged-in , you only have to burn the MENU (not as a game entry) and then just fill the SD with ... "stuff"  ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Why don't they prepare it in the first place so customer do not have to burn something to NEO 3 SD?
Do we have also to make .menu directory and copy something to it?

IMHO neo myth cart isn't for newbie nor people who just want to play retro game without hustle.
I think it's better for neo team to revise all the carts so the customer do not have to connect the cart to PC nor install something to their PC like what competitor did with their product.  Ideally, what the customer do is only to put rom to SD Card.  If there's an update for the cart, what customer do is only to put update file to SD Card, and use the menu to update their cart.

There will be a cost saving because the carts did not need an usb slot anymore, and no need to give driver cd anymore. The cost saving could be use to add memory to N64 cart, so it could play rom with size more than 32MB.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 11:21:18 PM »
The Neo3-SD has no game flash at all, so it will never have "enough rom" if you try to burn any games on it. You burn the menu only (by doing a format in MD format - a fast format is fine since you only have a menu), then load games off the SD. You don't need to worry about the special folders - the menu will create them if they don't exist the first time you run the menu.

Offline ojillos

• NEO newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 07:21:05 AM »
Thanks to all for the help. The problem is that it was trying to do it like in the former cassettes of 512,1024 .... but apparently in the neo 3 sd the process was an enclosed simple mas that in the previous ones,onli copy and paste the roms in the sd card. Thank you for everything.