Author Topic: 64mb?  (Read 8136 times)

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
Re: 64mb?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 07:43:05 PM »
Now my computer won't see the device. When I do this it just says "device is not connected". I am not too sure where to go from here. I have tried EVERY port on the front and on the back of 3 computers that I have access to. And all three have different Operating Systems. Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. I have heard XP runs this a little better then some of the others but it seems all 3 seem to run it exactly the same. I know it isn't the USB cable because I am using the Slim Loader IV that came with my copy of PRO. So unless Slim Loader IV is not capable of USB 2.0 then I do have a handful of cables that work with this. Well work as in they fit. Not work as in it makes it work. I have tried this and every cable I can fit in this. I really don't understand why they made it so difficult to make it compatible with a computer. Would it really have killed them to make it so you can use it? Well in any case. You have taken out a step for me. My main problem started when I tried to install a game on here. I did have it working for a brief period of time. It failed while it was burning a game and ever since then it just hasn't worked quite right. Like sometimes it would pass the formatting but fail writing a game. And other times it would fail the formatting but somehow be able to put a game on there. I did get a GBA game burned to it because I could not think of a smaller game. But that was the last game I would get on there. Shortly after getting it to work it just stopped completely. It would not do anything and it would fail everything 100% of the time. And after that it just would not read it at all. I really do not have a clue what happened to it but I do know that it just will not work anymore. Please help. I can give you as much detail as you need.

EDIT: Can someone please help me? I have tried so much to get this thing to work. If nobody can help then can you please tell me if I can just trade it in for a new one or get a refund?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:10:23 AM by darklink99 »

Offline dvd2vcd

• retro gaming enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 12:17:09 PM »
try using the myth cart instead of the slim loader to add your roms, i read somewhere on this forum that its a much more stable way of adding stuff, hope it helps for you :-)
please make a atari jaguar flash cart!!!!!!!

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 12:21:48 PM »
btw your not alone when it comes to problems with your myth cart, i have had my fair share of stress with it aswell, with pro managers flashing wrong files in wrong order to the cart, it is a head ache but once you pass all that then it aint a bad piece of kit, although i have a everdrive64 aswell lol now u have the pro cart with sd slot u shud be alright as i only have the 256mb pack :-)

Offline sanni

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »
For maximum compatibility try these steps:

1) Plug the Neo2 Pro into the Neo N64 Myth, don't use the little Slimloader IV:

2) Search for a high quality usb cable and a PC with Windows XP SP3. Laptops also work great.

3) Plug one end of your USB cable into the Neo N64 Myth and the other into the back of your PC, no usb hubs. This is to make sure that your usb connection 100% ok and the Neo N64 Myth gets the needed power.

4) Follow this video tutorial to flash the menu to the Neo N64 Myth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2DNRSAjJ2s&hd=1

Here are the needed downloads:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6228.0.html

5) Copy some roms to a SD card and plug the sd card into your Neo2 Pro.

6) Plug a N64 cartridge into the back of the Neo N64 Myth, plug the Neo N64 Myth into your N64 console and power it on.

7) You should see the Myth menu now:

This will let you run all games that are not bigger than 32MB from your SD card. You still have to flash the 64MB games to the GBA cart.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:48:24 PM by sanni »

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »
nice tut sanni, i havent tried the new menu or programmer yet, nice to know the n64 paths have been fixed aswell, im eager to try some roms with the new ultraSMS emu aswell, things are looking good for the myth, i was gonna buy a 64drive but now im thinking of spending some money on my myth cart by getting the pro cart :-)

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »
Before you go pro you better make sure you have or someone you know has XP because if not then you probably will never see that menu on your tv screen. If it were me. I would go for a different one. This thing sucks. How many years has this thing been out now? And they still haven't gotten around to fixing it. Huh. Aren't these some pretty big problems? Why does this thing hate computers so much?

EDIT: I feel like such an idiot. I finally got it to work. I just tried a different port on a different computer. I only have 1 problem and it isn't that big of a deal. It tells me I need the N64NeoSd file. How would I put that on there? Would I burn it like a game or put in on like a menu?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:43:01 PM by darklink99 »

Offline slothette64

• N64-head
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
sounds like its all driver issues

go to \Driver\XP_or_Later\ folder
right-click on the neousb.inf file
click "install"

nothing will happen probably
but you may need to reboot for the manager to detect

load up the manager and then replug

yes everyone agrees this aspect of NeoMyth is miserable
luckily its not a everyday activity

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:44 PM »
I only have 1 problem and it isn't that big of a deal. It tells me I need the N64NeoSd file. How would I put that on there? Would I burn it like a game or put in on like a menu?

It should be included when you download the menu (from here). I don't think you need the menu on the SD card though, but I haven't used the N64 Myth in a while so I may be remembering incorrectly. If you want to have the menu on the SD card it should probably go into /menu/n64/.

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »
@sanni:
Very nice tutorial thanks for all your efforts!  ~sm-43.gif~
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames