Author Topic: Multiple drivers since new 1.30 programmer  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Ichiban Rei

Multiple drivers since new 1.30 programmer
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:14:41 AM »
Hi guys, its been a while since I had time to play with my classic consoles.
My Duo-RX was the first to get attention and the new programmer works like a charm.  I do have 2 questions tho:

1.)  With new programmer 1.30 is it safe to use for both PCE flash cart AND MD Myth on the same computer?
Previously it caused issues with driver conflict and before I plug in the MD Myth, I want to make sure it won't ruin the working PCE Flash cart.

2.)I am now working with a No Intro set of roms.  I remember previously I had to hunt down hacked US roms to get them to work on my JP systems and I verified that US roms do not work when flashed.  Has a batch program been developed yet to remedy the issue, or do we still need to hex edit/hunting down hacked US roms?

The new menu works great!  Thanks a ton.  I finally feel like I don't need to jump through hoops to get the PCE Flash cart working properly.  Life is good!  :)

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Re: Multiple drivers since new 1.30 programmer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
I don't know if it supports batch processing, but you can find a tool for header removal etc. here.

Offline Ichiban Rei

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:51:30 AM »
Thanks, mic_.  I had started manually hex editing the roms and was successful with most the roms I wanted but I have 3 stubborn ones that refuse to work with either hex (I don't see the strings) or applying the mirroring + Header removal.
The 3 affected games are:

Bonk's adventure
Neutopia
Neutopia II

All others I tried worked fine.
I'm using the GoodPCE 1.09a and No Intro.  No luck editing either to work on my GT or Duo RX.  I also loaded PCE Menu 1.11b to see if that would help, but no luck. 

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:19:27 AM »
I've played Neutopia using my Neoflash PCE card. It requires mirroring, but other than that I don't recall any problems. I didn't use the GoodPCE set though - I just took a version that I found on some random site.
Neutopia II ought to work as-is (assuming that you've removed any headers that the dumper added to the ROM).

Offline Ichiban Rei

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 06:31:05 AM »
Uh, this is so frustrating because I know these 2 games used to work when I was on the old menu a couple of years ago.
Now I can't get them to work for the life of me.  I think I've tried it all at this point.
I figured I'd give Neutopia a rest and moved on to Neutopia 2 since you mentioned it should work as-is.  I took the plain rom, and ran the rm_pceheader file and it reported that there is no header present.  Test the rom on ME, it works.  I load the rom to PCE Flash cart, freeze on both my systems when the game is selected.
My GT is stock, and the DuoRX is Scart modded (Doujindance) but I don't think these are the issues.  It almost seems like I'm having software issues of some sort.  Any suggestions?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 08:13:33 AM »
Double-check that Neutopia 1/2 are exactly 786432 bytes long. As mic mentioned, they need to be mirrored in a special manner, and said mirroring makes the length the value indicated.