Author Topic: 64mb?  (Read 9131 times)

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
64mb?
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:52:34 AM »
Here is my problem. Neo2 Pro Manager simply will not let me add any of my 64mb games to it. Which is quite a few of my games. I have tried over and over changing settings but nothing seems to make it work. I have even tried updating it with no luck at all. I wouldn't be that angry if it said it couldn't load 64mb games but it says on the little sticky that it can go up to 64mb games. I have tried formatting it with no luck as well.

Offline slothette64

• N64-head
Re: 64mb?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 10:07:38 PM »
you cant add 64MB files??
can you add <64MB files onto it then??
how about 2x 32MB??

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:22:34 PM »
No. I can't add 2 32mb files. I don't understand what's wrong with this thing. Just last night I took off all of the files I had installed for this thing and put them back on to see if that would fix it but it didn't fix it. Everything under 64mb works but it just won't add it. It always says "Not enough rom". I am pretty sure that means it's too big right? But that wouldn't make sense because nothing else is on it.

EDIT: Can't anyone help me? I am stumped. I don't know what else to try. Can anyone give me an idea what I can try? I can't put 2 32Mb games on it or 1 64Mb game on it. I know the difference between M and Mb so I know that I am not getting the 2 mixed up. When I try to add a rom that is 64Mb then I just get an error saying "Not enough rom" Is there anyway to remove everything on it besides formatting it? What else can I try?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:14:32 AM by darklink99 »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »
I think you mentioned in another thread that you've got a Neo2 Pro cart. In that case you shouldn't have to put the games on the cart itself (except for 512 Mbit games). Just put the menu on the Neo2 Pro, and the games on an SD card. You can find the procedure for doing this in the FAQ that I linked to in the other thread.

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »
This is my first thread. I just got an account on here. It didn't come with an SD card. I don't think I have tried using it while it was hooked up to the N64.

Offline slothette64

• N64-head
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 02:03:52 PM »
NeoMyth is unable to run 64MB files from SD

you must use NEO2 or NEO2 Pro
these are GBA carts

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »
http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=131&cat=17&page=1 This is the one I got. Is that not the right kind? I was pretty sure that that was the right kind.

Offline sanni

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 02:04:33 AM »
The cart in your link is the NEO N64 Myth flash cart + 256Mb.
256Mbit means 32MByte.

So you can add one 32MB game or 2x16MB and so on. But anything over 32MB will not fit, you also can't add multiple 32MB games since the 256Mbit card can only hold 32MB.

http://www.unitconversion.org/data-storage/megabits-to-megabytes-conversion.html

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:24:20 AM »
Oh no. Can I upgrade it without having to spend too much money?

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 09:32:17 AM »
I know this is old but I did get somewhere kinda. I finally got the PRO edition. But now I have a new problem. I can't use it on my computer at all. It used to be that I couldn't add games over a certain size but now I can't add games of any size. I just get this stupid message saying: USB Device Error! Please re-plug the USB device and try fresh again! And no matter where I plug it in it says that. I have tried every single USB socket and all of them just give me this error. I am running Vista and it really hates me. Can someone please help me?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 02:04:55 PM »
Different versions of the manager have more or less trouble with USB on some folks systems. I'd suggest looking at some of the older versions, and be sure to go through the threads for each one looking for updates that correct those USB issues. This is one of the bigger issues with the NeoFlash... different versions of Windows in particular have more trouble than others. Windows XP tends to do better than the newer versions of Windows.

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »
Ok. After trying countless apon countless programs and versions of programs I have come to the horrifying conclusion that this thing is broken. Completely broken. Now. Who do I have to talk to to get my $150 worth of broken junk back? I really can't believe this ****. I mean is it so hard to ask to get this thing to work once? I never even got 1 game to work no matter the size. I never got to see it boot up ever. Why is it that it works for everyone else except for me? I even went as far as installing Windows XP on my computer just to use this thing. And guess what? Same problem. Same issues. I have tried this on a total of 3 computers all of which give the same error. Now. If this thing is tested like he said it was. Then how did this happen? If every copy sent out is tested first then how is it that it does not work on 3+ computers? Huh. It makes me feel a lot like this is a scam here. What else can I possibly do to fix this hunk of plastic? I mean. Is there even anything else I can do? At this point it seems that apart from reprogramming this thing there does not seem like much I can do.

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 03:44:21 PM »
I finally got the PRO edition.

If you've got a Pro cart (the one with an SD card slot) you don't need to put any games on the cart. Put the games on an SD card instead.

The only thing you need to put on the cart is the menu (see this topic for what to do and how). Or does that not work either?

Offline darklink99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 03:02:11 AM »
I can't even format it. All I can do with it is let it collect dust. The computer sees it but every program I run it in doesn't. I didn't know about putting it on the SD card but I can't put the menu on there.

Offline slothette64

• N64-head
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »
make sure your USB cable is 2.0 powered
make sure you have installed the correct USB drivers

if your cart cant be detected/formatted
see these instructions;=
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6710.msg50762.html#msg50762