Author Topic: Super MVS Converter 2 Problems - Graphics Corruption and No Sound  (Read 4118 times)

Offline chadt

• NEO newbie
Just got a 2011 version converter yesterday from ic2005.com and it's not working.  The graphics are trashed and there is no sound on both of the known working MVS carts I have, Metal Slug 3 and Blazing Star.  A contact from ic2005 says my power supply is too weak but I'm using an english AES system with a 5volt/3amp AC adaptor which is the strongest adapter that SNK made for the home console.  Check out these pics and tell me what you think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73105305@N06/sets/72157629419632820/

Offline WINNOWING

• NEO newbie
Re: Super MVS Converter 2 Problems - Graphics Corruption and No Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »
I have the same problem and have 5v/3a. I used an even stronger one 5v/8a and it does the same problems.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:12:57 AM »
It may not be the amount of power available at the plug as much as the amount of power available at the cart port. This is an issue on the PC-Engine for some people, one people have solved by soldering a large wire (say, 20 gauge) from the 5V regulator on the PCB to the 5V supply pin on the cart connector. Some AES motherboards may have a similar issue - the PCB line going to the cart connector may not supply enough current to power both the converter and the cart.

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:00:17 AM »
OTOH, the other person who reported the same problems a few days/weeks ealier mentioned that the older revision of the MVS converter works on the same console. So it seems more likely that it's the newer blue converters that are causing the problem.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:41:54 AM »
OTOH, the other person who reported the same problems a few days/weeks ealier mentioned that the older revision of the MVS converter works on the same console. So it seems more likely that it's the newer blue converters that are causing the problem.

Maybe... need someone with one to respond, but that goes to a basic issue of customer support - people with no problems (or solved problems) have no need to go back on the forum, so they often don't and so don't see threads like this. I don't have one of these and wouldn't be able to make use of one in any case since I don't have the console or games either. So there's a certain amount of guesswork from some of us more frequent forum members who stick around to help where we can.
 ~sm-70.gif~.gif

Offline periquito

• NEO newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:23:12 PM »
Just got a 2011 version converter yesterday from ic2005.com and it's not working.  The graphics are trashed and there is no sound on both of the known working MVS carts I have, Metal Slug 3 and Blazing Star.  A contact from ic2005 says my power supply is too weak but I'm using an english AES system with a 5volt/3amp AC adaptor which is the strongest adapter that SNK made for the home console.  Check out these pics and tell me what you think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73105305@N06/sets/72157629419632820/
I have bought this MVS TO AES and I have two cartridges: 120 n 1 and 111 in 1. Not working any of them! So it is not 100% compatible as said. My neo geo aes is japanish and low serial and 5V 3A power ac. Any ideas why doesnt work? Thanks.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 07:44:38 AM »
120 n 1 and 111 in 1
--- these carts fake clone SNK cart. not original one.  ::sm-03::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline jujuthesniper

• NEO newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 02:46:34 PM »
hello
i have the same graphicals problems on my neo geo US with pro pow 3
before to buy a snk super converter on ic2005 for nothing,
does gamers who have the same graphics problems can says if they solved this problem with this DC adapters or with others solutions

thanks a lot