Author Topic: NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2012 for all retro platform announcement  (Read 54279 times)

Offline Mr. Reaper

• Evil Genius/Lazy Bum
Sigh ... too bad. Receiving funny reviews was very ... funny ;)

Maybe after the deadline passes, some volunteers can post reviews for fun.
Devs love having their games reviewed, and it would give us something to do while we wait for the results.

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
Maybe after the deadline passes, some volunteers can post reviews for fun.
Devs love having their games reviewed, and it would give us something to do while we wait for the results.
That would be great. Unfortunately, there probably won't be that many people who choose to write reviews because there aren't any prizes anymore.   ::sm-25.gif::

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
I didn't enter or review last year because I was too busy, but this year I can do both again. Prizes don't mean that much to me, so I don't care if there's a prize for reviewing.

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
In fact, instead of grand prizes next year Chilly Willy will be handed three grand challenges and we'll all have to code for one of them:

1. Tie BCX into Chillys C compiler and libraries so we can program in BASIC and output compilable C for the N64
http://bcx-basic.sourceforge.net/

2. Recreate Virtual Reality Studio 2.0 using the Yedi 3D port
http://www.mobygames.com/game/virtual-reality-studio-20/

3. Uses the source to Scratch to make a kid friendly programming environment for the N64
http://scratch.mit.edu/

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
At any rate there seems to be a lot of entries in the game category ! I'm both glad and scared, because a lot of them look good.  ~sm-70.gif~.gif  ~sm-75.gif~.gif

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
 ~sm-82.gif~.gif

Oooooo - number 1 looks interesting... downloading...
 ::sm-09.gif::

Offline alekmaul

• portabledev.com Webmaster
    • PortableDev
 ~sm-93.gif~.gif yeah, Dr Neo, as you can see, your compo is not dead and I'm very happy of that. So much retro entries (don't talk about nds, wii, even if the entries are really nice, but i'm talking about SNES, GBA, VCS, N64, and so on ... Perhaps it's THE good deal, only one APP/GAME section, and 3 prizes, thanks about that !  ~sm-55.gif~.gif

Offline sanni

• Neo MOD
Those would make great prizes too  ::sm-09.gif:: :-* ~sm-80.gif~.gif

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
Where be the proper place to post reviews?

Oh, and now that I know about the Neoflash Retro Coding Compo the AtariAge crowd knows about it too.  I'm sure next year will have more 2600 entries.  Not only that, more exposure for Neoflash and their awesome products!

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Where be the proper place to post reviews?

Once the contest closes this evening, Dr.neo generally makes a new area for posting reviews. He also usually collects up the latest valid entries into a single archive for downloading to make it easier for reviewers to get all the apps/games.

Oh, and now that I know about the Neoflash Retro Coding Compo the AtariAge crowd knows about it too.  I'm sure next year will have more 2600 entries.  Not only that, more exposure for Neoflash and their awesome products!

Nifty! Maybe some 5200 and 7800 entries as well!
 ;D

Offline dieudunet

• dieudunet
Atari seems funny to do. What kind of language and what compiler are your using ?
C is for N00b
ASM rules

Offline PypeBros

• homebrewer
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.
good luck, everybody.
Enjoy Apple Assault v1.4 with polished gameplay and graphics

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
Atari seems funny to do. What kind of language and what compiler are your using ?

BatariBASIC BASIC compiler for the 2600.
http://bataribasic.com/

That funny to do is my stinky coding.  Still, it proves even a rank amateur can make an Atari 2600 game in a week :)

Hey!  Bring back the download link for MegaFamilyBros!
http://pdroms.de/supernintendoentertainmentsystem/megafamilybros-v1-0-snes-game

Offline 10$man

• NEO newbie
Ahh... BASIC.
I never really liked it.
There's not a C compiler or anything similar?

EDIT.
Oops... Nevermind
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:06:40 AM by 10$man »

Offline dieudunet

• dieudunet
Thank You , i Will Try batari
And i Will upload megafamilybros to my blog on blogspot .: dieudunet dot blogspot dot com

C is for N00b
ASM rules