Author Topic: [Guide] How to burn the MD myth menu to NEO3-SD cart  (Read 12043 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
[Guide] How to burn the MD myth menu to NEO3-SD cart
« on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
[Guide] How to burn the MD myth menu to NEO3-SD cart

The NEO3-SD cart is a special NEO cart, there are menu flash/save ram and SD slot only but without the game flash inside, so the NEO manager will not pop up menu list when you start the NEO manager program.

Below is the correct way to burn/replace/update your NEO3-Sd menu file:

[1] Make sure you can see the correct USB device was detected by your system first in HARDWARE MANAGER:

[2] Start the NEO Manager v1.30, you can see NOTHING in there because your device is the special NEO3-SD.

[3] Goto "Memory" page and click the "Menu Wrte".

[4] Then click the "Path..." to select which menu file you want to burn to the NEO3-SD cart, please note the "Size" must match or bigger than your specify file size, if you don't know it very well, you can choose the "8Mb" option.

[5] Click "OK" button then start to burn menu file to NEO3-SD.

[6] When you can see this screen, it mean your specified file was burned to the NEO3-SD and verify passed already, enjoy it!
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: [Guide] How to burn the MD myth menu to NEO3-SD cart
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »
This guide came in handy when I got the Neo3-SD... it wouldn't format the "normal" way, and then I remembered this guide. It works perfectly.

Also, there's a new menu (v2.9) that clears up some problems with the Neo3-SD, particularly game saves.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,7509.0.html

You can burn the MDBIOS.BIN file again, or you can copy the MDEBIOS.BIN file to /menu/md to boot it from the SD card.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »
yes,some user don't know how to burn the neo3-sd still, so they need this guide indeed.  ::sm-22.gif::

Offline panzeroceania

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
can I buy this NEO3 card

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=44&page=1

and use it on my old Neo Myth MD flashcart? It would be nice to have a card that accepts SD cards, but I don't want to buy a whole new flashcart.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:53:07 AM »
yes you can.

Offline Zoran

• NEO newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »
Hi all,

I bought the Super MD Flash Cart with the Neo 3 SD Version shortly and triying not to install everything and did all steps as described in this topic. Either I put the MDBIOS.BIN or the MDEBIOS.BIN over the Neo 2 Pro Manager V1.30 it wokrs on the application and it says "Menu write(0x10000 Bytes) and verify succes. But there is nothing on my SC Card ,-(. There should be a Folder called menu and inside that Folder md and more many files, right? That's my understanding. I'm using a Micro SC Card of 1GB from SanDisk and tried one of 2GB from Sandisk with 2 different Adapter. Next to that I can't add any roms over the Neo2Pro Manager V1.30 I'm trying to add Mega Drive roms and Master System but nothing happens. I tried it also over another application callled Neo 2 Ultra Menu V 2.90 but allways I'm open the application it says Menu File System has been destroyed, Please Format first. I did this then to MD Myth Neo2 Format. After that I tried to add roms over this applicaton and it says always No enought ROM. I hope that anybody is able to help me as with all I've read in many Topics here I was not able to bring it that it works.

Regards

Zoran

P.S. I can't wait to make it run and Play the Games ;-)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 04:04:47 AM »
Hi all,

I bought the Super MD Flash Cart with the Neo 3 SD Version shortly and triying not to install everything and did all steps as described in this topic. Either I put the MDBIOS.BIN or the MDEBIOS.BIN over the Neo 2 Pro Manager V1.30 it wokrs on the application and it says "Menu write(0x10000 Bytes) and verify succes. But there is nothing on my SC Card ,-(. There should be a Folder called menu and inside that Folder md and more many files, right? That's my understanding. I'm using a Micro SC Card of 1GB from SanDisk and tried one of 2GB from Sandisk with 2 different Adapter. Next to that I can't add any roms over the Neo2Pro Manager V1.30 I'm trying to add Mega Drive roms and Master System but nothing happens. I tried it also over another application callled Neo 2 Ultra Menu V 2.90 but allways I'm open the application it says Menu File System has been destroyed, Please Format first. I did this then to MD Myth Neo2 Format. After that I tried to add roms over this applicaton and it says always No enought ROM. I hope that anybody is able to help me as with all I've read in many Topics here I was not able to bring it that it works.

Regards

Zoran

P.S. I can't wait to make it run and Play the Games ;-)

1.Burn on MENU FLASH *only* MDBIOS.BIN
(MDEBIOS.BIN is used to boot bios updates from SDC without having to burn them on flash
For autoboot store it in /menu/md/MDEBIOS.BIN --you don't need it if you burned the latest version--)

Link to latest released binary : http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7509.0;attach=2950

2.You cant burn roms on NEO3-SD with the programmer (there is no gameflash).
Just put your games on the SD card unzipped .bin/.gen/.smd/.sms etc (you can also add directories if you like)

3.The "menu" directory on the SD card is created by the menu once you run it for the first time.
If you can't see menu/* directory , then either your sdc is not compatible or there is issue with neo3-sd sdc slot.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:08:20 AM by Conle »

Offline Zoran

• NEO newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 06:08:29 PM »
thanks very much. Will try this now.

Offline Zoran

• NEO newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »
Finally it works. I can run mega drive roms properly on this menu 2.9 but somehow when I start master System roms with B=Run or C=Run2 it starts but it comes a black Screen and by pressing the sega mega drives reset button nothin happens. I use sms roms, but it does not work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 04:10:01 AM »
Finally it works. I can run mega drive roms properly on this menu 2.9 but somehow when I start master System roms with B=Run or C=Run2 it starts but it comes a black Screen and by pressing the sega mega drives reset button nothin happens. I use sms roms, but it does not work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance

Sms from sd can only be loaded with V5 carts or NEO2SD which has GAME FLASH.
Trying to reset TO GAME(set to MENU in options) after failed SD->PSRAM upload doesn't work because PSRAM contains random data(= no valid sms binary).

Offline Zoran

• NEO newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »
So if I understood you correctly there is no way to run sms file with the Neo 3 SD and I will have to buy the following Neo 2 Cards to make it run:

https://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=41&page=1

correct?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
So if I understood you correctly there is no way to run sms file with the Neo 3 SD and I will have to buy the following Neo 2 Cards to make it run:

https://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=41&page=1

correct?

Yes , NEO2-SD allows you to burn games on GAME FLASH(sms also).

Also if you have another flash cart(myth 64)  , it is recommended to buy the 1024Mb version instead (for 512Mb games) :
https://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=119&cat=1&page=1
(Works on all flash carts)

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 09:02:04 AM »
Ehh.
This isn't a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll get it,but getting the myth carts working,with a cart unsupported by the software is difficult.
I don't understand why the neo3 carts aren't integrated in the program?
Resolved issue with windows 10 not recognizing driver,I'm capable,I just can't get this to work(yet...).
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 11:10:46 AM »