Author Topic: Flash save type Save Manager  (Read 39705 times)

Offline gia

Flash save type Save Manager
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:01:40 AM »
Hi I have an original Pokemon Stadium cartridge. I want to "backup" the save to Neo, and "restore" the save to Pokemon Stadium cartridge.

Back when the neo was released it wasn't possible. Is it possible now?

If no. Would it be possible to backup the _RAM_, and then to restore the RAM to the original cartridge? If you can do this I could save with the fake ram loaded, and get the same result. Correct?

Important. My goal is to remove the original Pokemon Stadium game from neo cart, and use it _alone_ on my N64. "DexDrive" for Pokemon Stadium.

If it is possible, but needs to be programmed, and you can do it, let me know.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: Flash save type Save Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:26:57 AM »
It's not done... yet. You can read from the cart flashram for use with the Myth, but I haven't added the opposite way - writing the flashram in the cart. I can add that, but I'm not sure when. Lots to do and little time to do it in...

~sm-73.gif~.gif

Offline EYon

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 02:12:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

I would like to do the same with my original games, especially with my Pokemon Snap. Is there any progress on this issue?

Greetings from Spain  ~sm-51.gif~.gif

EDIT:

What I want to do is to backup my old savedata from my original cartridge to my PC. I don't know if gia wants to do the same or the opposite because my english level is not very good  :-\

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:28:34 PM by EYon »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 03:06:31 AM »
The current save manager allows you to save the save memory on the cart to the SD card. So backing up saves is already here. It's the other direction that's not yet available - reading a save off the SD and writing to the original cart's save memory... mainly because it doesn't seem like a high priority to me. The purpose behind saving the save memory is obvious - you write the save memory from the cart to SD, then use that save file with the Myth. Writing a save back to the original cart doesn't have much utility that I can see at all.

Offline EYon

• NEO newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 08:51:17 AM »
Ok, that is that I want  ;D

But I don't have cart with SD, I only have this: http://www.neoflash.com/myth/N64_Myth_02.JPG

Can it be done with just it? I need a cart with SD? Is there a guide for do it? I was trying to do it by myself but i couldn't...

Thx
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:40:54 AM by EYon »

Offline gia

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 07:17:46 AM »
it may not have an obvious utility, but I would buy your device instantly if it had that feature, keep in mind there's no device available that does it, yours would be the only one

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »
Ok, that is that I want  ;D

But I don't have cart with SD, I only have this: http://www.neoflash.com/myth/N64_Myth_02.JPG

Can it be done with just it? I need a cart with SD? Is there a guide for do it? I was trying to do it by myself but i couldn't...

Thx

Yes, it's needs the cart with the SD interface. There's so little sram on the non-SD carts that it's not worth having that as a target of saving sram. You really need to pick up a Neo2-Pro and an SDHC/SDXC card when you save up enough pennies.  ~sm-60.gif~.gif

it may not have an obvious utility, but I would buy your device instantly if it had that feature, keep in mind there's no device available that does it, yours would be the only one

I do plan to add writing saves back to carts, but it's a lower priority. I can't say when that will happen, but certainly after an update to the cheat manager, which is clearly a higher priority to more folks.

Offline slothette64

• N64-head
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:58:20 AM »
improvments to cheats sounds great
thnx chillywilly for still working hard on this ~sm-43.gif~

any ETA when we might get a new juicy update??  ::sm-08.gif::

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »
Some time this summer.

Offline Jimmiejoe

• NEO newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 07:53:50 AM »
What is the latest timeline given summer appears to be over?  Will it be a 2.6bX release?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 06:20:10 AM »
I'm still setting up my new computer and remaking all the toolchains and kits. Moved from an older 32 bit compact system to a 64 bit tower. The speed is nice.
 :D

Offline MASTER260

• NEO newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 03:23:06 AM »
Okay, so let me get this straight: Basically with this device I can backup an N64 FlashRAM save from a cartridge to an SD Card.

Correct?

Offline sanni

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 01:11:33 PM »
Yes

Offline MASTER260

• NEO newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 04:18:29 PM »

Offline nintendo60george

• NEO newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 01:15:31 PM »
Hello!
I'm also interested in the feature to restore a flashram save to the original cart. I couldn't find another device that can do this, and I read you were working on it. So I'm begging.
 ~sm-44.gif~