Author Topic: No Way for run DSP1 Games on NEO SD Myth with original cartridge inside ! :(  (Read 9638 times)

Offline Titofff70

• NEO newbie
Hi !

please do something for run games with dsp1 cartridge like super mario kart inside Neo SD Myth SNES !

Yes i Know the first version of NEo do the work but We want the same option on Neo SD cartridge ! Please !  ~sm-43.gif~

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
I've received a Pilotwings cart now that I should be able to use for testing. But I won't be able to start looking into this until sometime next week.

Offline Titofff70

• NEO newbie
OK, very good ! it's a great news !!  ~sm-51.gif~.gif

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Apparently Pilotwings was a bad choise for a DSP-1 boot cart, because none of the DSP-1 games I've tried works with it (the cart works fine on its own, though). I might have to try to get my hands on a cheap Super Mario Kart cartridge. :P

In the meantime, I've actually started implementing DSP-1 support when loading games from the SD card. If someone wants to try it I can probably put it online sometime today or tomorrow, but the DSP-1 support will be completely untested.

Offline Titofff70

• NEO newbie
OK !

I have super mario kart (US version & EURO version!)  ~sm-84.gif~.gif

So i can test it if you want !  ::sm-11.gif::

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:51:51 PM by Titofff70 »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
I have Ballz as my DSP-1 cart.
 :D

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
I've attached a new version of the menu that sets up the DSP-1 mapping for games which use that chip. I can't verify its correctness myself at the moment, so if there's some DSP-1 game that doesn't work, please state which game it is and which boot cart you're using.

Offline Titofff70

• NEO newbie
 ~sm-76.gif~.gif

Great JOB Mate ! Work Fine !

tested  originals cartridges inside :

-Super Mario Kart US Version Cartridge :  ~sm-78.gif~.gif with SuperMarioKart (U) & (E).smc or sfc
-Super Mario Kart EURO Version Cartridge :  ~sm-78.gif~.gif with SuperMarioKart (U) & (E).smc or sfc

By the way, Pilotwing (U).smc never working properly(black screen after selection) with menu 0.58 and now, work great !!

Thank you very much for that in the name of all users !

Now if you have a time, do you know why the loading is so slow ? 
Maybe is for much compatibility with homebrew i think.

If you know super ufo pro 8(sd version), the loading is fast but homebrew not working well !!!

I like neo snes myth so much, thank you for your work again  ;)

22:41
Work with MENU 0.59 and dsp-1 cartridge inside neo myth :

SuperMarioKart (U) & (E)
Pilotwing (U)

Ace wo Nerae! (J)

Shutokō Battle 2: Drift King Keichii Tsuchiya & Masaaki Bandoh (J)
Lock On (U)
Suzuka 8 Hours (J)
Super Air Diver 2 (J)
Super F1 Circus Gaiden (J)
Battle Racers (J)
Armored Trooper Votoms: The Battling Road (J)
Bike Daisuki! Hashiriya Kon - Rider's Spirits (J)
Final Stretch (J)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:30:09 PM by Titofff70 »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
That's good to know.

How slow is slow? I get loading speeds of around 1 Mbit/second (128 kByte).
If you get speeds that are significantly worse it'd be interesting to know what kind of console, SD card model and filsystem (FAT16/32) you're using. And also which firmware version your cart has (that's the "CPLD version" number at the top-right of the menu screen).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:05:15 PM by mic_ »

Offline Titofff70

• NEO newbie
How slow is slow?

More slow than 1mbits/sec
It's 3 sec for 1mbit so for 4mbit= 12sec.

My file system is FAT32 on SDHC 4go (category 4)
CPLD ID is 07.

Console is Super Nintendo(EURO version) switched 60hz and regionfree.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:32:04 PM by Titofff70 »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
I just tried another SD card; Kingston 4GB class 4, formatted with FAT32. Loading "Secret of Mana" (a 16 Mbit game) took somewhere between 16 and 17 seconds, so that's still around 1 Mbit/second.

I'm not sure what reason could be for the speed difference between your setup and mine.
Maybe the filesystem on your SD card has started getting fragmented? That could happen if you've been using it for other things where you've been writing to it a lot. A fragmented filesystem would slow down reading.
Maybe something happened in firmware version 7 that impacted SD performance. I've got version 6 on my cart.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
I'm using the Ballz 3D cart and I've run Super Mario Kart (US and JP) as well as Ballz (US). No troubles... I'm also using the v6 firmware and it's nice and fast loading. Great job on the DSP-1 support.  ;D

Does anyone remember the changelog for v7 firmware?

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Supposedly, the only change was a new memory mapping mode that allowed 16 Mbit of Myth PSRAM to be mapped into the SNES memory space. I've asked Dr Neo if he can do a speed comparison between the two firmware versions in case he has carts with both versions laying around.

Offline Titofff70

• NEO newbie
Hi  mate !

Is it possible to downgrade firmware to CPLD 06 ?

=> my SD Card is not fragmented !
The same sd card i try is working fast on super ufo pro 8 of my friend.

thanks.  ::sm-15.gif::

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:44:18 PM by Titofff70 »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Running the v6 firmware burning app should put you at v6 again. If you try it and the speed goes back to "normal", be sure to let us know!  ~sm-44.gif~