Author Topic: WonderMega issue  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Morden

• ║║█│││█│║│││║║│█║
    • Morden's Gaming Blog
WonderMega issue
« on: September 02, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
I did ask about this before, but when I did a search for "WonderMega" I got zero hits, so I hope no one minds me posting a new thread. The issue I'm having is as follows: Neo Myth is pretty much useless if you're using it with a WonderMega console. You get the menu with all of its functions, but when the ROM finishes loading and is supposed to boot, the screen goes black and that's that.

I'm using the memory cartridge that came with Neo Myth, not the SD adapter. It doesn't matter which way I load the ROM. At first I thought I could go around this by enabling returning to game after reset, but this doesn't work either. When I press the reset button on the console, nothing happens. When I press the button on the cartridge, it resets back to the menu.

I know that WonderMega isn't the most popular of MegaDrive variants, but nonetheless, it's a shame Neo Myth refuses to load images, which otherwise work and load fine on MegaDrive or MegaDrive 2.

I know that figuring out what's wrong is not easy without the access to the hardware, but is there something that could be changed to at least try to remedy this? An alternative way of handling the booting process? I haven't had any issues with the cartridge on other console models, and I did test two ToToTek products with the WonderMega. They worked fine. From what I know, Krikzz flash devices don't have this kind of issue either, so maybe it would be possible to look into how they handle loading, since it seems to work?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: WonderMega issue
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:10:33 AM »
It has nothing to do with the loading. It's a hardware issue with the WonderMega/X'Eye RESET line that doesn't exist on any other model. Unless Dr.neo gets a WonderMega for testing, I doubt anything can be done. You've seen the suggestion in the other thread from someone with an X'Eye... not much more I can tell you.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:38:15 AM »
we don't have any WonderMega/X'Eye to test too, but i thought it just need solder more 1 wire from the sega CPU to this reset line?  ::sm-22.gif::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 03:37:13 PM »
morden your md myth cart can run on MegaDrive or MegaDrive 2 or not?
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Morden

• ║║█│││█│║│││║║│█║
    • Morden's Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »
morden your md myth cart can run on MegaDrive or MegaDrive 2 or not?

It works fine on MegaDrive and MegaDrive 2. On WonderMega it loads the menu, but when a ROM is loaded, the screen goes black.