Author Topic: All retail games compatible with flash carts now I think  (Read 4454 times)

Offline amptor

All retail games compatible with flash carts now I think
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:22:12 AM »
I was going over my flash cart set a few days ago and came to the conclusion that it appears as if, since Banjo-Tooie has been cracked since some time ago which I never realized (I read the entire scroller and all the greets through because I found this to be quite an achievement in coding technology), that means that every game can run on flash cart unless I am mistaken.

I just took a look at the upgrades to FW for neoflash n64 myth and Dr Neo states that one 96M game does not work.  I'm not sure which game registers as 96M for N64 but I'll have to check into it.  Anyway just doing a quick google search reveals a number of 96M games so if anyone could let me know what he was referring to, please do.  It looks like every game I throw at the flash cart works fine.

I just wonder if there's a way to solder a CIC chip into these things since it appears that having the dongle out the rear is not necessary any more.  It looks like all you needed that for was one game and since it has been cracked there's no use.  I guess you can dump carts with this now but I forgot, it has been some time.  I really have no need or use for backing up cartridges though.  Everything on Earth has been dumped aside from a relative few protos and updated games.

Offline sanni

Re: All retail games compatible with flash carts now I think
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:24:14 PM »
Yes you can solder a CIC inside the Neo N64 Myth. No problem at all. The way the cic goes into the myth is marked on the pcb.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: All retail games compatible with flash carts now I think
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 05:35:16 PM »
I was going over my flash cart set a few days ago and came to the conclusion that it appears as if, since Banjo-Tooie has been cracked since some time ago which I never realized (I read the entire scroller and all the greets through because I found this to be quite an achievement in coding technology), that means that every game can run on flash cart unless I am mistaken.

Yes,the game compatibility is excellent on the myth64.
The only problematic game now is Jet force Gemini(ie you can't shoot/jump/etc) due to security checks  for CIC's 6105 existence(of course if you plug in a game with 6105 BC it works fine).

Edit :
6105 games where always supported on the myth64.You just needed a game(on the piggy-back cart)  that had that particular chip attached.

I just took a look at the upgrades to FW for neoflash n64 myth and Dr Neo states that one 96M game does not work.  I'm not sure which game registers as 96M for N64 but I'll have to check into it.  Anyway just doing a quick google search reveals a number of 96M games so if anyone could let me know what he was referring to, please do.  It looks like every game I throw at the flash cart works fine.

96Mb is 12MB , so its probably a typo unless Dr.Neo meant some random unreleased game.
The cart supports games up 512Mb(64MB) from flash & up to 256Mbit(32MB) from SDC(and that's because the GBA Zipram is limited to that amount).

I guess you can dump carts with this now but I forgot, it has been some time.

You can also backup your save data ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:37:18 PM by Conle »