Author Topic: How to keep save files when I add/remove different games?  (Read 8285 times)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: How to keep save files when I add/remove different games?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:35 PM »
I didn't know that. I'm using the latest produced Tectoy 6 button controllers (the white one with gray buttons), and it doesn't have a mode button. If you could implement a new way to see the full file name, it would be very appreciated.

The full name is always shown in the rom info - it pops up as soon as you quit moving between roms for a second. The MODE button only changes the form of the SHORTENED name shown in the browser list.

Sorry bothering you a lot. Before making a new request, I'll first ask if the Myth Menu already has a way to return to the game list when playing Master System Games. I can only reset the games and each time I need to play another one I have to turn the Mega Drive off and then on.

Unfortunately, no. That's due to how the MD switches between MD and SMS mode. There does not appear to be a way to reset back into MD mode once SMS mode is active.

And a last question, will the NEO3-SD support SMS roms?

That is also unfortunately no. SMS roms need either game flash or game psram to run from, and the Neo3-SD has neither of those.

Even being a Mega Everdrive owner I really like to see my Neo Myth working, because it is a great flash cart. The SMS FM sound is a real unique feature. I use my NEO2 to play all the SMS FM games.

Yes, I love the FM as well. Too bad it wasn't standard on the US machines - it might have done better.

Offline joyeux

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 02:02:29 AM »
Unfortunately, no. That's due to how the MD switches between MD and SMS mode. There does not appear to be a way to reset back into MD mode once SMS mode is active.

If I remember right, an old version of the Myth Menu would return to the menu if you held the Myth pause button and pressed the console reset. I guess it was in version 2.7 or 2.8

EDIT: I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:20:58 PM by joyeux »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 08:49:16 PM »
The different reset methods apply to MD mode only. SMS mode always requires a power cycle to get back to MD mode and the menu.