Author Topic: No SlimLoader USB found  (Read 2833 times)

Offline micki

• NEO newbie
No SlimLoader USB found
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:33:56 PM »
Hi all, I think I'm gonna need a little bit of help with this.

I've been using my NEO MYTH MD 512M CART(3in1 Flash Cart) for several years now, since 2009 more or less and, even though I always had some trouble installing the driver/pc programmer, I always ended up finding a solution.

In the past, I used it with Windows XP and Windows 7, and I used to have problems with the driver, since it just wouldn't recognize the cart when I plugged it into my computer via USB. I solved it by downloading winusb.dll, efsadu.dll and msjava.dll, putting them into my NEO2 Ultra Menu directory, and reregistering the Neo2Usb.dll file.

But now, I've got a new computer, and it runs Windows 8. I've tried everything I've been able to come up with, but it just won't recognize the cart when I plug it in. I go to Device Management on my computer, and it's always listed as "USB Power Kit". When I run Neo2 Pro Manager, it always says "No SlimLoader USB Found".

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to solve this problem? I'm not going to be able to use my cartridge to add or remove games anymore if this is not going to work on Windows 8.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

-Micki.

Offline sarang

Re: No SlimLoader USB found
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »
You must install driver yourself in a special way for windows 8. I recommend search for information about "Disable driver signature verification" and use that method to install the SlimLoader USB driver. It is only necessary to do once, and after you can use normally.

Offline micki

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 07:10:16 PM »
Thanks a lot, it worked!  ~sm-43.gif~
Thanks for helping, I was spending way too much time trying to get this thing to work...

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 05:18:24 PM »
sarang is awesome :P
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......