Author Topic: NEO Power PC-E 128M+SAVE backup doubt  (Read 4325 times)

Offline rouken

• NEO newbie
NEO Power PC-E 128M+SAVE backup doubt
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:27:30 PM »
Hellow... I have some doubts about the save support in the NEO Power PC-E 128M+SAVE Super Flash Cart, once everything about this feature is not well explaned...

The purpose of the save feature is to backup and restore the saves stored inside the PC Engine? If yes, how this backup/restore is done at the console side? There's some kind of option inside the NEO Power PC-E menu, or is necessary the use of a homebrew to transfer the saves? This backup file can be used in emulators, like Hu-Go! or Magic Engine?

I can't find any video, or a review/tutorial with screenshots showing this feature in action. Can someone create a video, or even a tutorial with screenshots, for those who are curious/interested about backup PC Engine saves?

Finally, can someone upload some backup files (one of them with a Bomberman save inside) to see its content?

Thanks for the attention.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Re: NEO Power PC-E 128M+SAVE backup doubt
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
hi rouken

The purpose of the save feature is to backup and restore the saves stored inside the PC Engine? --- not in the console, it's save to cart.
If yes, how this backup/restore is done at the console side? There's some kind of option inside the NEO Power PC-E menu, or is necessary the use of a homebrew to transfer the saves? This backup file can be used in emulators, like Hu-Go! or Magic Engine? --- you just need the Neo2_Pro_Manager_1.32A program, you can see the "download"/"backup" option on the right side bar.

I can't find any video, or a review/tutorial with screenshots showing this feature in action. Can someone create a video, or even a tutorial with screenshots, for those who are curious/interested about backup PC Engine saves? --- i have post a screenshot for it, you need select the game which you want to backup/download firstly, then can handle the save.

Finally, can someone upload some backup files (one of them with a Bomberman save inside) to see its content? --- my PCE console have some problem,can not do it yet....
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline rouken

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 12:30:32 AM »
Hellow, Dr.neo. Thanks a lot for the answer.

I still a little confused about the save feature in the SD card... Normally, saves are stored inside the DUO or, in the case of a stock PC-Engine, using a device like the Interface Unit, Turbo Booster Plus, Ten no Koe 2, Backup Booster 1 & 2, or Shuttle Backup Unit.

So, using the NEO Power PC-E 128M+SAVE Super Flash Cart to load ROMs, the save files will be stored inside the flash cart instead of the system's memory, correct? If yes, so the flash cart will create saves with no need of an adicional device, who is interesting. But if a storage device is present, who will have priority to store/access the save files? And more: There's some way to copy saves between the system's memory and the flash cart to backup the saves?

And about the saves to upload... If you can fix your PCE, can you offer the save files for download, or ask someone who can do it? I'm just curious to check the file's contents...

Thanks for your attention. I'm waiting for your answer...

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »
the save files will be stored inside the flash cart instead of the system's memory, correct? --- exactly.
and about the upload file, you can upload any save file (even it's modified) to PC-E cart, without any problem.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 02:43:28 AM »
I missed getting this one to test, I didn't have a TG16 when this was developed.
:(

Boy, I sure miss those Pesoguins! I wish this site was as active as it used to be.

~sm-93.gif~.gif
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48