Author Topic: How to transfer my saves from SD to PC  (Read 4470 times)

Offline bob_shovel

• NEO newbie
How to transfer my saves from SD to PC
« on: December 21, 2013, 06:42:11 AM »
I know it have something to do with Neo manager, but a simple tutorial would be appreciated...

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Re: How to transfer my saves from SD to PC
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »
When you say from SD, do you mean from SRAM? There's no SD save functionality in the current menu.

To backup the SRAM, connect the cart to your computer and start the Neo Manager. There should be an option named "Memory read" or something similar where you can select to read the SRAM to a file on your computer. The size you should pick depends on the game (different games have different SRAM sizes).

Offline bob_shovel

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 08:45:36 AM »
Well, actually I've used my 4 available slot and I wanted to store them on my pc ('cause I don't want to lose them)

So how do I know the SRAM size of my game? Does it have the same as the ROM?

Oh and by the way... Happy holidays to all of you!   ~sm-55.gif~.gif

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
Perhaps you can find a list online of all SNES games with SRAM and how much of it they've got.. Another way is to highlight a game in the menu, press the X button to get to the options screen, then select "ROM info". There should be a row on the ROM info screen that says "RAM size" and then the SRAM size in kbits.

Note the the Neo manager might expect you to enter the size in bytes or kbytes (I don't remember), so in that case you'll have to convert from kbits to the expected unit.

Offline bob_shovel

• NEO newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 08:17:19 PM »
I didn't find a list of all the SRAM sizes, but I do found out that most of the time, it's 64 Kbits. And it was the case for my 4 games...

So I did what you've said in your first post and it do work for my game on the '0' slot.

But how do I do for the others slots?

There's an address option in the manager and I've tried to put '1', '2', or '3' in it, but it didn't work...

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »
If I remember correctly, the SRAM slots are 64 kbyte each, so to read slot 1 you should probably enter the address 0x10000 (or 65536, or whatever format it expects). Or you could do one big 256 kbyte read and split the file with a hex editor or some other tool.

Offline bob_shovel

• NEO newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »
Ok, cool!

The address must be entered in Mb (or Kb), so :

For slot 0 it's --> 0 Mb
For slot 1 it's --> 64 Kb
For slot 2 it's --> 1 Mb
and finally,
For slot 3 it's --> 192 Kb

Thanks again!