NEO Team's Projects for the GBA/NDS/NDS lite > NEO Flash and Magic Key 1/2/3 help, FAQ/guides and discussion

CLEVELAND -- Cincinnati Reds manager Bryan Price had never seen anything like it

(1/1)

zhanjiao1212:
CLEVELAND -- Cincinnati Reds manager Bryan Price had never seen anything like it. Cheap Dave Winfield Jersey . Neither had anyone else. Aided by a bizarre play in which Cleveland runner David Murphy was fooled by a second ball on the field and tagged out, Cincinnati defeated the Indians 9-2 on Tuesday night. "Thats one of the strangest things Ive ever seen," Price said. "Im sure thats going to go down as one of those plays we see between innings for years to come." Johnny Cuetos fourth complete game of the season was overshadowed in the seventh inning when the Indians had a rally squelched after an errant warmup pitch from Cincinnatis bullpen came on the field, resulting in Murphy being caught off third base. Lonnie Chisenhall drew a leadoff walk, and Murphy singled. Yan Gomes double cut the lead to 6-2 and moved Murphy to third as a ball thrown by reliever Jumbo Diaz rolled behind second base. The confused Murphy mistakenly thought the ball was live and edged off third. Third baseman Ramon Santiago took the relay throw and made the tag. "The timing of it was crazy," Murphy said. "I just didnt know where the ball came from. It was unbelievable." Santiago was one of the few people on the field who knew the situation and called for shortstop Zach Cozart to make a throw. "I was yelling, Give me the ball," he said. "I saw the other ball, but I knew we had a play." Indians manager Terry Francona spoke briefly with crew chief Gerry Davis, but the call stood. "He said he understood our frustration, but they cant kill a play until the conclusion," Francona said. "It was perfect timing, and its the responsibility of our coaches and runners to know whats going on. I cant fault Murph, though, because he saw the ball there and thought they couldnt throw him out." Cueto (13-6) retired the next two hitters. "I was confused," he said of the strange play. "I thought a fan threw the ball." "Just when you think youve seen it all in baseball, you havent," Santiago said. "You always see something new. Thats why its a beautiful game." Santiago hit a three-run homer in the second off Josh Tomlin (5-8) to break a 1-all tie for his first home run since Aug. 16 last season while playing for Detroit. Cincinnati, which has been playing without All-Stars Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips, is 6-12 since the break, as it struggles to stay in the NL playoff chase. The Reds broke a 10-game losing streak at Progressive Field. BIG PLAY Price admitted the bizarre play gave the Reds a boost. "It may have saved our bacon a little bit," he said. "At this point in time of the season well do whatever we have to do to win a game." Catcher Brayan Pena thought Diaz should be given some credit for his warmup pitch that missed its target by a couple of hundred feet. "Johnny should buy Jumbo a big steak," he said. MR. PERFECT Cueto allowed two runs and hasnt lost since July 2. Cincinnati is unbeaten in Cuetos six career starts against Cleveland. TRAINERS ROOM Reds: Votto (strained left knee) who has been on the 15-day disabled list since July 8, is rehabilitating in Cincinnati. Manager Bryan Price said Votto is still experiencing soreness in the knee, and there is no timetable for his return. Indians: Designated hitter Nick Swisher (strained right wrist) is expected to be available Wednesday after missing two games. Center fielder Michael Bourn (strained left hamstring) began a rehab assignment at Double-A Akron on Tuesday and could rejoin the Indians next week. He hasnt played since July 5. ON DECK Reds: Right-hander Mat Latos (3-3) starts Wednesday as the series shifts to Cincinnati. He will be making his 10th start after opening the season on the DL. Latos owns a 3.11 career ERA at Great American Ball Park, which is the lowest by any pitcher with at least 15 starts there. Indians: Right-hander Danny Salazar (4-4) looks for his fourth straight win since returning from the minors. He has a 2.00 ERA while striking out 17 over 18 innings in his last three starts. Salazar has yet to face Cincinnati. Cheap Padres Jerseys Authentic . -- Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman is undergoing surgery to repair a broken bone above his left eye but has no other serious injuries after being hit in the face by a line drive in a spring training game. Cheap Padres Jerseys China .Y. - The NFL has fined Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch $20,000 for making an obscene gesture during last Sundays NFC championship game, a person with knowledge of the fine told The Associated Press on Thursday. http://www.cheappadresjerseys.com/ .C. - Brent Sutter scored 1:32 into extra time as the Charlotte Checkers came from behind to defeat the visiting Abbotsford Heat 5-4 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Canadian womens soccer team veteran Melanie Booth announced her retirement Wednesday, ending a career highlighted by a gold-medal win at the 2011 Pan Am Games and Olympic bronze the following year in London. Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. "I had been preparing myself for this and it seemed like it was the right time for me." Booth had one of the shootout goals in Canadas victory over Brazil at the 2011 Pan Am Games in Guadalajara, Mexico. Canada tied the game late in the second half and won 4-3 on penalty kicks. The veteran defender was initially listed as an alternate on the 2012 Olympic side but was later added to the team when injuries forced roster changes. "The hardest part (about retiring) is leaving the people that Ive been around for so long," she said. "Theyre like a second family to me." Although she never featured in London, Booth proudly stood on the podium with her teammates to receive their bronze medals after a 1-0 win over France at Wemmbley Stadium. Cheap Ozzie Smith Jersey. "Just the group that I was with, I was just so thankful to be around them and to be a part of that team," she said. "Just throughout my whole career thats what I strived to do -- just to look for the positive in everything and use that as motivation and try to better the people around me." Of her 65 caps, 37 came as a starter. Her lone goal for Canada came in a 4-0 win over Jamaica at the 2006 CONCACAF Womens Gold Cup. Canada won silver at that tournament. Booth also helped Canada win silver at the FIFA U20 Womens World Cup in 2002 and the Womens Gold Cup that same year. The 29-year-old played college soccer at the University of Florida. She started her club career with the Toronto Lady Lynx and also played for the Vancouver Whitecaps. Booth joined Sky Blue FC as part of the NWSLs original national team player allocation process. "We all want to thank Mel for her contributions to Sky Blues inaugural NWSL season," Sky Blue FC coach Jim Gabarra said in a release. "Congratulations to Mel on a successful career and good luck in the next phase of life." Booth has yet to finalize her future plans but intends to remain involved in the sport in some capacity. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version